Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muzza_77

Which gloves?

I bought some Bauer 300's in 2004 and well, I now have a hole in the palm. I think that this was mainly caused by the palm absorbing my sweat and then drying out, this made the palm all crusty and disgusting. So time for an upgrade Yay! The level I play at now is state, though next year I will be playing nationals and hopefully internationals. This is all in Australia playing inline hockey. So which gloves? the price range I looking at in MAX $90 US this is around the Easton 800 from hockeymonkey. This is roughly $250 Australian.

Key features:

- The palm is long lasting

- Strong outer

- Light weight

- Ok protection

- Looks awesome

- Will last more than six months.....

Any suggestions? experiences?

I think that eagle are out of my price range, I am probably a 13inch by Bauer.

Thanks

Muzza

Are Eagle really that good? I have never tried them. Though I would be willing to give them a try :D I will add the X5 to my list. So are they really really good?

Seems most who use Eagles swear by 'em. They are light, roomy, and have no break in time. I've always wanted a pair but couldn't justify $160+ for outdoor roller hockey where they'd get ruined. Now that I'm playing indoor and more ice, and the X series has come out, I may just spoil myself.

I've got a pair of Easton Synergy 700's that have held up well. They're cheap, too.

I can get the XXX for $269, my only question is are they durable?

also what about these gloves:

- Bauer SDP

- Easton Synergy 1100

- Easton Synergy 900

- RBK 8K

- RBK 5K

Thanks

I don't have personal experience with any of these, so take it however you wish:

XXX have thin palms, but from what I hear they hold up pretty well for what they are. Older pairs were sold with an extra set of palms, but NBH has made them more durable.

The SDP will probably be closest to the fit of your old gloves, so they would be a good choice.

Easton Gloves are quality, and the 900 and 1100 are in the upper level of their gloves, but offer different styling/fit.

Don't know too much about RBK.

I'd suggest searching for the different glove makes and models in quotes, and check the review section for any more information.

and welcome to the board.

edit: If you've got a local shop that you can get to, your best bet would be to go there and try on the different models to see what you like.

Coming from a pair of Bauers, you might find Eagles too loose/roomy, as they're pretty much pre-broken in. I haven't found RBK's that fit me, but the SDP and Synergy's fit alot more snug than Eagle gloves - if you're into snug gloves.

Get the Bauer XV's, best glove for the money ever... (since your on budget, it's an even bigger reason to get em')

And I have a pair of Mission Helium 750's + a pair of Eagle x70's in the basement, which it superceeds IMO.

Muzza, I know where you are coming from. I have been playing inline in Melbourne for club and state for roughly 10 years. If you are just a straight out inline player I would strong recommend a pair of XV or XX. You can get a good price these days due to their age.

Im wearing a pair of XX right now and use them on both coated cement and sport court/orb court. I have had them for about 6 months now and they have done me very well. Minimal palm wear and some slight cosmetic damage. Other than that they are doing me well, I strongly recommend them.

Just out of interest which club/state are you from?

Thanks for that I will give them a shot. I am from NSW, I play for Taren Point (formely SkatePlus) though this year at the state championships I played for Armidale. I am 15 so I play in u16s and u21s. I am a pure inline player, though I play field hockey for cross training.

I used RBK 6k (only for a dumb league(they want to have matching color), not normally) and it was okay.

I can't wear Easton gloves, for some reason they are really uncomfortable for me.

In my opinion the most comfortable gloves are:

one90

Vectors

TPS bionics

Eagles

Vapors