Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tri_19

Anyone heard of...

Just wondering if anyone has played in or has heard of the blind river beavers in the "NOJHL", not playing there or anything just wanted info.

Pretty sure it is the same level as the CJHL (Central Jr. A) in my area (Ottawa - National Capital Region) which is one step down from Major Jr. A, only in Northern Ontario.

actually just as bad as the superior international league. Horrendous league, as any guy who's played there. I know two guys who we recruited from blind river, both got snipped first practice

My guess would me "meh" at best. The Junior A leagues in the area (NOJHL, OPJHL) aren't up-to-par with many of the others - I was getting interest from a few OP teams despite some pretty serious knee issues which are actually forcing me to sit this season out...There are just far too many leagues with far too many teams with far too many players of alleged "Junior 'A'" calibre.

My guess would me "meh" at best. The Junior A leagues in the area (NOJHL, OPJHL) aren't up-to-par with many of the others - I was getting interest from a few OP teams despite some pretty serious knee issues which are actually forcing me to sit this season out...There are just far too many leagues with far too many teams with far too many players of alleged "Junior 'A'" calibre.

Did you get an offer from Buffalo from the opjhl? NEVER play for them. They belong in Jr.C

My guess would me "meh" at best.  The Junior A leagues in the area (NOJHL, OPJHL) aren't up-to-par with many of the others - I was getting interest from a few OP teams despite some pretty serious knee issues which are actually forcing me to sit this season out...There are just far too many leagues with far too many teams with far too many players of alleged "Junior 'A'" calibre.

Did you get an offer from Buffalo from the opjhl? NEVER play for them. They belong in Jr.C

Among others...Growing-up in WNY, I have a number of buddies on the team; Jr. C is being generous. I can think of a couple Bantam teams that could give them a run for their money.

i played in the NOJHL at 16 yrs old and its not that shitty ... its nothing like quebec hockey and all those other places down south but its pretty competitive.. its like a midget league for older guys basically maybe a bit more chalenging

My cousin plays tender in the NO, its a goon league.

its funny thow some of the very good young players played in that league.. Yves bastien, mark katic and zach torquato all played in the league and all were top 10 picks in last years OHL draft and they all played for U18 team canada.. its goon hockey to a certain extent.. if you havent played in an actual game its hard to say