Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Muzza_77

Tight gloves.

I need some new gloves. I like gloves that are tight fitting, a pair gloves that I can forget they are there. I want the gloves palm to be extremely durable. Any suggestions? experiences? Also what loose fitting gloves would you choose?

I want you opinion to now what to steer clear of and what to look at. I will go to the shop and try EVERY SINGLE glove on to see which one feels best regardless of price, though I wanted to see what you guys thought

Thanks

Muzza

From what I've read on the board, Bauer One90's sound very close to what you're looking for.

I also came across a 14" TPS HGT Nylon on ebay just a few hours ago.

I find my Eagle X70i's tight fitting gloves, but they do not fall into your requirement of forgetting that they are there.

I personally recommend a good fitting nylon glove.

Good luck with what you end up buying.

I don't think that I would be able to afford One90s (I would be able to if I didn't buy a new helmet, stick and elbow pads next year :P ) What about the One70s or One50s they are more in my price range...do they fit the same? they look awesome.

I don't think that I would be able to afford One90s (I would be able to if I didn't buy a new helmet, stick and elbow pads next year :P ) What about the One70s or One50s they are more in my price range...do they fit the same? they look awesome.

Sorry, I wouldn't know.

In my experience

Eagle fits very loose

NBH fits the most snug

Mission is a good compromise between the 2

If I were you I would look into some Bauer X or XV which are great gloves with great palms.

I had the same problem. I just got a pair of Eagle X6's and they fit very nicely. Its tight on the hand (even my tiny hands) and a loose cuff.

You'll want to look at NBH supreme line, TPS gloves(I almost bought a pair over my one90s), some Jofas(if your lhs still has some), Vectors, and of course the old Nike line... all of these should be close to what you want. I also have heard the Warrior Kingpins fit tight but I'm not sure how true that is.

It's PP, personally I've never found an Easton glove that felt comfortable. Something about the gloves are awkward and uncomfortable.

Here are the prices of some of the gloves that are available at my LHS:

Synergy 500 $169

Vapor X $199

Reebok 5k $199

CCM 692 $199

Vapor XV $279

CCM 892 $289

Easton 800 $299

Easton S9 $299

Easton S7 $279

NikeBauer One50 $299

NikeBauer One90 $449

Which out of these gloves? I want to get the cheapest, but the best...do you know what I mean, I want the best bang for my buck....yeah. Which ones? I don't think that I can justify buying a $300 dollar pair just for state, now for nationals I could justify it, but nationals are after state and I need a new pair of gloves for state. I can't borrow either :( So, which ones?

I assume those prices are Canadian and to me they seem a little high. My LHS has the Vapor X for $39.99US and $69 for the XV. I know epuck has the XX for $119US which IMHO if I were into the fit of the glove would be a worthy investment

Those prices are Australian. :( Though some good news. I found that I had a 20% discount voucher. So I can get the $300 dollar range gloves for $240 which is close enough to the $200 dollar range to justify the extra $40 dolars. Or I can buy the next range which is around $360 (Vapor XX) for around $300. :D This is very good...

Would the XX fit tighter or the One 70s?

The supreme 70s are like the one90s and fit like a golf glove. The XXs are looser, especially in the cuff area.