Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shhweak12

new hyper trinitys?

These things are unreal. The new trinitys are the real deal. Luckly I was able to get a set at Narch and lately I've been really skating on them hard. No chunking or chipping has occured. Nore have I seen any wear on the wheels. From the wheels I've tried in the past from hyper these are 10x better then the old models and is definently going to be one of the top wheels this year. Try em out

Hey thanks for the review.

And welcome to the board. I'm actually suprised as a first time poster, you had a meaningful topic with valuable information.

Clear that youve been a "lurker" for quite some time :P

Thanks man. I appreciate it. I have been a lurker.. i guess it pays of to get some reviews of products that people really like. I guess now its my turn. Hopefully people will feel the same way about these new trinitys. They flex like non other and still keep speed!

what kinda paycheck does hyper give you?

or just free wheels?

:lol: 10x better then their current line up still isn't saying much.. :P i'll stick with my rink rats thank you very much.

oh im getting millions.. dude give me a break. Im a kid with no tie in's to hyper what so ever. When I was in narch I played for a hyper team and was asked by shayne from hyper to test them out.. not gonna lie. I used them and like them.. whats wrong with giving a review and letting people know whats out there? Im sure people have thought hypers performance wasnt good in the past couple of years. Finally they've come out of that and made a good product. I dont think many people have had a chance to try them yet cause they first started coming out around nationals. So if you get your hands on a set hopefully people will stand by me and agree that these are good wheels. Great speed, grip, wear and rebound. Im no employee trying to sell people wheels.

sorry it took a while for the wheels. DamnLocust.. im sorry im not giving you the information you'd like. Like I've said. I have no connections with hyper other then getting a set at nationals from shayne to try. Many people haven't had the chance to try these wheels yet because they were released not to long ago. Just giving a people an update on whats out there. Hyper has had a bad rep of late but im pretty sure this will change from the performance of the new wheels

well being that im new around here.. since theres no topics that "float my boat" if theres topics on gloves/skates etc.. ill be sure to comment about my 9500s and L7 mission gloves ;) or the wicked 3s ill get when they come out.

Are these the neon green wheels? A guy showed me some Hypers that I never saw before, but I didn't see the name on them. Neon green, black letters, some graphics inside the wheel.

believe so.. i think its green and black wheel.. Thats the harder version of the trinity. The softer version is purple and yellow. (and your avitar picture.. those two girls are HOT!)

believe so.. i think its green and black wheel.. Thats the harder version of the trinity. The softer version is purple and yellow. (and your avitar picture.. those two girls are HOT!)

That's the wheel I saw, the green and black. The kid likes them. Says they're one of the best he's used. I never really liked Hyper wheels. I found the shape of the wheel edge to be too broad/wide. Good for speed, maybe some stopping, but it didn't have an edge like Labeda or some of the other wheels. Total personal preference thing.

Yeah, the av is Kovalev from the Warrior website. The full color pic is in The Hockey News Yearbook that came out.

so are these wheels a single pour/double pour?whats the the duro meter deal 74a? the softest or 76a,and the million dollar question.... what are these wheels going for ?

these wheels are actually triple pour wheels. On the wheel it says tri-poud technology. The 74A are the yellow and purple ones. The 76A wheels are the green and black ones. And for the million dollar question im not sure what these wheels are going for. Cant imagine over the top to much. These wheels will definently be a great wheel for the 06-07 season

actually just looked on the hyper website and they have a new look. Looks like they are still in the middle of making the website and its not finished but you can look at the wheels if anyones interested.. also read something about a bearing promo with the wheels

They directy compare their wheels with Revision and Rink Rat on their website. Very tricky. Website is far from complete, kind of strange it is already accessable.

I think my buddy told me he paid 11 per wheel or something like. My LHS tends to add about a buck or 2 more than online retailers though.

i wonder, but they sure compare their wheels to the rink rat wheels on the e-puck site.mike.h seems like everyone is trying to play catch up to the rat.if i had to honestly answer what wheel is the best for the buck($) Hot Shots.

You be the judge:

1st patent (6227622):

"A skate wheel and method of making the same are provided. The skate wheel includes multiple materials of differing durometers disposed on an inner hub. First, a solid or microcellular urethane is seated on an outer rim of the hub in a ring configuration around the rim. A urethane tire material surrounds the ring. The outer tire material is constructed preferably of a urethane that is more durable and harder than the ring. The ring is made of a highly resilient urethane for high speed. A wheel also is provided with energy absorption to counter rough road surfaces with less loss of energy by the skater, while increasing the traction of the skate wheel on the surface. A method is also provided of making a wheel by pouring differing resins into a mold and either spinning or separating the resins while allowing their interfaces to cure together for bonding therebetween."

6227622pk5.th.jpg

2nd patent (5725284):

"There is disclosed an improved skate wheel for an in-line skate comprising a hub for rotation about an axis and a plurality of layers of material disposed concentrically about the hub, each of the layers consisting of a material having a predetermined durometric hardness, the outermost of the layers including an outer surface adapted for a rolling motion of the wheel over a surface."

&

"8. The wheel of claim 1 wherein the durometric hardness of said inner core falls in the range of Shore 40A to 80A.

9. The wheel of claim 8 wherein the durometric hardness of said outer core falls within the range of Shore 72A to 96A"

EPuck.com text: "Hyper has embraced the technology of the Rink Rat Hornet - and kicked it up to a whole new level of performance by adding a unique Flex Groove and a new pour technology to stake a claim as the best roller hockey wheel on the market.

The all-new Trinity uses this ''soft inner-hard outer design, but adds a new wrinkle that makes it work even better. A groove has been added to the outer surface of the wheel that allows the wheel to flex naturally. The wheel only flexes when in a turn,..."

I'm not an expert in patents, but sometimes a little wrinkle or anything can make a difference. I don't know.

Little off topic:

People get patents on all kind of things, and for different regions. I know that in The Netherlands someone has the patent on the order of doing things at an ATM (insert card, enter code, choose amount, receive card, receive cash). It's crazy. Apple patented their magnetic power cord (so that your laptop stays on the table, the cable just snaps off). Then it appeared there was someone in the 60s or something that had the same system for a gourmet pot.