Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeytim18

Metal vs. Rap

Thank god one of my friends isn't on this board or he would have had this spiralling into a huge argument. He's the type that believes that he's the only person in the world who knows what good music is, and if you like something else, you're a complete idiot. He can't stand rap music and says it takes absolutely no musical talent whatsoever and that its all worthless. We argue guys like Jay-Z who comes up with every lyric you've heard him rap off of the top of his head, but apparently thats not a talent.

Anyway, I'm not that big of a fan of metal or rap, but like the songs I like.

In related news, my mens league team just renamed ourselves War Pigs after the Black Sabbath song.

well i have to admit even though i like metal and dont like rap, some rappers have talent. But the rappers that dont write there songs, i would say they have little to no talent

^^ I'm like that, I've just kept my mouth shut.

Let it all out that's why I started this.

Well, my intention isn't to invoke an e-war over such a trivial topic that cannot end in resolve (much like religion v. science).

Though I'll say that as little talent it takes to read some lyrics thought up for you, hammering a guitar into really, really shitty chords takes about the same (heh) amount of talent (read: none).

I have a pretty varied taste in music but i'd have to go with metal here. I like some rap like Sam Scarfo and M.O.P but metal is my favourite type of music. I think it's a pretty common stereotype that all rap is about drugs and killing and all metal is about devil worship. Although that kind of thing does go on it doesn't mean it's all like that. Plus, what would you really prefer to listen to, a repetative beat that goes on for five minutes or energetic guitar riffs and drum solos?

I kinda like rap and i dont like metal i like alternative, good rappers that are about the music not money,bitches and crack.(talib kweli, mary j blige, immortal technique, the roots etc..)some country but dont tell ne one lol classic rock and some earth wind and fire. Oh ye and some euro-dance.

If you rapping takes no skills listen to Immortal Technique this guy is amazing.Best lyrics i've ever heard. Check out leaving the past and dance with the devil

Dudes its Eminem

I kinda like rap and i dont like metal i like alternative, good rappers that are about the music not money,bitches and crack.(talib kweli, mary j blige, immortal technique, the roots etc..)some country but dont tell ne one lol classic rock and some earth wind and fire. Oh ye and some euro-dance.

If you rapping takes no skills listen to Immortal Technique this guy is amazing.Best lyrics i've ever heard. Check out leaving the past and dance with the devil

Dudes its Eminem

just listen to his song dance with the devil, thats probably the best rep ive ever heard, Using numerology to count the people I sent to heaven/Produces more digits than 22 divided by 7 thats a rediculous line

Like em both.. But i prefer Metal, all kind of metal..

From Scorpions to DimmuBorgir

My top 5 favourite tracks:

1. The Duskfall - Agoraphobic

2. Edguy - Catch of the century

3. In Flames - Only for the weak

4. Cypress Hill - Trouble

5. Dragonforce - Trough fire and flames

Has anyone heard "Job for a cowboy"?

Iam pretty much obsessed with these guys right now.

They went to my high school...I know their drummer(well actually he just quit the band because he is still in school)

They make great stuff.