Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeytim18

Metal vs. Rap

Okay all the time I hear of people that listen to rap talk about how metal music is just total screaming crap. People that listen to metal say they would rather listen to screaming than somebody talking about killing and doing drugs. So what do you guys think. Personally i'm on the metal side.

Oh I will toss no crap in here as I like both kinds of music equally. I just see the general stereotypes being tossed around in a little bit is all.

i'd rather listen to rap about drugs and killing then metal about worshipping the devil

Well stereotypes and poor arguments like this. But please continue, it's a Monday and work is slow.

Well, I do like Slob on my Knob and Too Short's Yo neck, Yo back...

Those are two of the greatest instructional songs out there...besides of course going the video route.

When you say metal bands are those dumb screamer bands you make people think the wrong things about the type of music. You can understand every word in METALlica, AC/DC, Black Sabbath.

Absolutely, old school in both categories trump whatever crap comes out now. Dio, NWA, 2LC, all the other good bands with short names.

As Mack said, Oldschool rules both. I'm not old enough to be around when they were big but I would take oldschool hip-hop or metal over the "new" stuff any day. But to the main question, I listen to both. I try not to restrict myself to only appreciating one genre of music.

most metal isn't about worshiping the devl or anything evil.

Exactly. I listen to a lot of hardcore & metal, but not all metal is kill your mother, father, rape your sister. Most of the insane satanic bands come out of Norway and of course there are some here from the states like Deicide. Take As I Lay Dying for example, their a Christian influenced band. If rap still sounded like anything back in the day, I'd still listen to it.

most metal isn't about worshiping the devl or anything evil.

Exactly. I listen to a lot of hardcore & metal, but not all metal is kill your mother, father, rape your sister. Most of the insane satanic bands come out of Norway and of course there are some here from the states like Deicide. Take As I Lay Dying for example, their a Christian influenced band. If rap still sounded like anything back in the day, I'd still listen to it.

As I Lay Dying is definitely one band that disproves the typical metal stereotype...but to throw in my 2 cents, I'm a big fan of both. I prefer most 90's rap to the 2000's rap because of the topics being discussed. Although there is one rap group from around here (Philly to be exact) that is probably one of the most real rap groups out there. Jedi Mind Tricks.

Absolutely, old school in both categories trump whatever crap comes out now. Dio, NWA, 2LC, all the other good bands with short names.

Gotta love the old Anthrax too with the PE cameo.

Okay all the time I hear of people that listen to rap talk about how metal music is just total screaming crap. People that listen to metal say they would rather listen to screaming than somebody talking about killing and doing drugs. So what do you guys think. Personally i'm on the metal side.

Who says that metal isnt talking about killing and drugs also? They both do. Metal just screams it and rap just bitches about it.

I backup metal though.

Absolutely, old school in both categories trump whatever crap comes out now.  Dio, NWA, 2LC, all the other good bands with short names.

Yeah that was an awesome video but I guess technically, Aerosmith and Run DMC did it first. For all the young'ns that don't know, Chuck D of Public Enemy doesn't smoke or drink and is actually an advocate against all that stuff.

Absolutely, old school in both categories trump whatever crap comes out now.  Dio, NWA, 2LC, all the other good bands with short names.

Yeah that was an awesome video but I guess technically, Aerosmith and Run DMC did it first. For all the young'ns that don't know, Chuck D of Public Enemy doesn't smoke or drink and is actually an advocate against all that stuff.

That video with Run DMC is the only reason Aerosmith is back on top. Their first post-rehab album sucked.

I had (and still have) doubts about this thread but I am very pleased to see no one said "hey man, they can be both" and mention some crap band that tries to be a hybrid of the two types.

I had (and still have) doubts about this thread but I am very pleased to see no one said "hey man, they can be both" and mention some crap band that tries to be a hybrid of the two types.

gym class hero's

everlast

both good but somewhere in the middle.

wait, i take that back--gym class hero's kinda sucks

How can you bring those into comparison though? The 'hardest' song I've ever heard Everlast perform was back in his House of Pain days.

I won't mention the band name but I think you were talking about a band fronted by a jackass wearing a red baseball cap.

just say the name

i hate real metal the real fast stuff

but im down with hardcore like through the eyes of the dead and stuff like that

Metal= Metallica, Megadeath, Ironmaiden no screaming

Death Metal, Heavey Metal, Metal Core=COB, Trivium, As I lay dying, Lamb Of God, KillSwitch Engadge etc. Screaming