Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeytim18

Metal vs. Rap

all music is emotional... i don't get how "emo" is a genre.

Emo=Emotional, as in my girlfriend left me and now iam sad because the love of my life has left me for my backstabbing best friend. How can i ever live without her?

more like:

my girlfriend dumped me

now im gonna cut myself

:lol: That's more emocore than just straight emo. I agree with pat19; I don't quite understand how emo is a genre all on it's own. Music is supposed to be emotional.

Regardless, in this argument, I choose Metal. Some rap is okay but I hate the mainstream stuff, and I like a lot of rock but not the uber-hardcore/screamo stuff.

...although one would not know I'm a metal head by looking at me.

Same with my, I look like I should be going around listening to Guster or Snow Patrol or something like that... Instead I'm playing my White Skull loudly.

more like:

my girlfriend dumped me

now im gonna cut myself

More like:

www.fourfa.com

but who's counting?

also:

actually Avenged Sevenfold is part Screamo. The are more metalcore than metal.

wrong again, screamo is defined by bands like Orchid, Saetia, I Have Dreams, Yaphet Kotto. maybe you should sit the next couple plays out?

yeah bands like fugazi and stuff started "emo" right... i hate how so many kids say they're straight edge or sXe, they have to label themselves with it, it's so gay. and none of them know who minor threat is. also the kids that say shit like bury your dead is real hardcore and black flag is just "gay punk shit".

Emo=Emotional, as in my girlfriend left me and now iam sad because the love of my life has left me for my backstabbing best friend. How can i ever live without her?

more like:

my girlfriend dumped me

now im gonna cut myself

This example of "emo" is dead on.

Metallica's metal has changed over the years. When they produced Kill 'em All (when they first came out) Metallica's genre was speed metal. Metallica's genre has changed every album. I've tried to figure out what actual genre they are but I've come up with hard rock/Metal, its hard to figure out. Metallica rules \m/

My vote goes to metal

Sometimes I wish my lawn was emo, then it would cut itself.

Sometimes I wish my lawn was emo, then it would cut itself.

tshirthell had a shirt with that on it a while ago, but I can't find it...

Wow, I can't believe this thread has been going on for four pages...just listen to what you like, and as long as you don't start shooting people, or hurting yourself b/c you heard song lyrics, people shouldn't give you any shit for it, and if they do, who cares?

I'm going to damn well enjoy this Justin Timberlake album if I damn well please. Then, I'm going to listen to Thom Yorke, and then the Roots and then Herbie Hancock. And then I'll have the Beatles and the Beach Boys (Pet Sounds is the shit) for dessert.

Has anyone heard "Job for a cowboy"?

Iam pretty much obsessed with these guys right now.

yeah there mad good

check out abby martin & all shall perish

if you like jfac i promise, you'll like them

Wow, I can't believe this thread has been going on for four pages...just listen to what you like, and as long as you don't start shooting people, or hurting yourself b/c you heard song lyrics, people shouldn't give you any shit for it, and if they do, who cares?

I'm going to damn well enjoy this Justin Timberlake album if I damn well please. Then, I'm going to listen to Thom Yorke, and then the Roots and then Herbie Hancock. And then I'll have the Beatles and the Beach Boys (Pet Sounds is the shit) for dessert.

If you were being serious with the Justin Timberlake part, thank God I'm not the only one that actually thinks his solo stuff is pretty good.

I'm going to damn well enjoy this Justin Timberlake album if I damn well please.  Then, I'm going to listen to Thom Yorke, and then the Roots and then Herbie Hancock.  And then I'll have the Beatles and the Beach Boys (Pet Sounds is the shit) for dessert.

If you were being serious with the Justin Timberlake part, thank God I'm not the only one that actually thinks his solo stuff is pretty good.

If you're mature enough to not care what other people think and can get past the fact that it is Justin Timberlake and take it for what it is he makes - simply well crafted pop music, then you haven't got a problem. There's no denying that the boy has talent and I think the people he works with are a testament to that level of talent.

He makes catchy music, and as long as you don't expect him to reinvent the proverbial music wheel or crank out the experimental envelope pushing brilliance of say, Radiohead, you can enjoy JT without any reservation.

If someone gives you shit about listening to JT, well, fuck them. They probably listen to Alexis on Fire. :rolleyes:

It's a good thing that post wasn't steaming with hypocrisy

In other news, JT makes good tunes, and if you like it, listen to it. It can't really go any further than that

anyone like Ronnie James Dio? or are you afraid to rock...

Saw him live a year or so ago with Iron Maiden in Montreal. Used to listen to the Holy Diver album alot before, haven't listened to it in the last little while though..

It's a good thing that post wasn't steaming with hypocrisy

In other news, JT makes good tunes, and if you like it, listen to it. It can't really go any further than that

I'm willing to take the hit on the hypocrisy card, b/c Alexis on Fire does goddamn suck. I'm sorry, but Alexis on Fire...Ugh. If you like them, fine, but I'm still going to mock you mercilessly. :P

anyone like Ronnie James Dio? or are you afraid to rock...

Such a big voice for such a little man.

As for his best work: he was absolutely awesome on Live Evil. For some reason, I still smile when I remember the part where he says to the audience "I'm gonna burn in hell, with all of you" and the crowd goes crazy.

Thank god one of my friends isn't on this board or he would have had this spiralling into a huge argument. He's the type that believes that he's the only person in the world who knows what good music is, and if you like something else, you're a complete idiot. He can't stand rap music and says it takes absolutely no musical talent whatsoever and that its all worthless. We argue guys like Jay-Z who comes up with every lyric you've heard him rap off of the top of his head, but apparently thats not a talent.

Anyway, I'm not that big of a fan of metal or rap, but like the songs I like.

In related news, my mens league team just renamed ourselves War Pigs after the Black Sabbath song.