Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mattopiela

Stealth S15 skates

Not saying i dont get anything for free. The occasional stick tends to come my way, but when it comes to a $469 skate, i have no problem paying a few bucks to try it out. I could probably play hockey the rest of my life with the stuff i got, i just have that disease where i need to try any new that comes out!

I hear that. If I had some money spend right now I'd probably be out buying new things that I really don't need. But we're off topic. I cant justify spending 450 dollars on something that I'll wear out or or upgrade in 2 years.

So is Easton trying to go for the zero negative fit on these or will it be a similar fit to the 1500 just with a different look?

The insides are built totally different then the 1500. At first i didnt think it was going to feel good but my owner tried them on and said they were incredible. I then crammed my size 11 foot into a sz 8 S11 (i know its completely the wrong size) and i was shocked at hockey comfortable my ankles felt in it, my toes were a different story :)

JR, now any comment about the fit? I mean its "out" now, guess this shut-your-mouth-contract should be gone.

I tried on fit stock in Toronto at OneGoal. The S15 fit me a lot better than the 1500 considering the 1500 did not fit me at all. I wouldn't even take a demo 1500 on ice because it was too painful. The S15 felt very comfortable. I was surprised. Would I buy them? No, because they still have that crap piece over the toe that gets shredded and looks like s*&^%t in 2 weeks of heavy game play. Now they stitched it down only at the top of the cap where the tongue starts. That still won't help the rest of that piece from getting shredded. How in 3 years time they still have not managed to solve that problem is beyond me. Yes, the S15 is wicked light but my feeling is not how they light they build it, its how they build it light. I like the way NBH builds it light better.

I skate in Vapor XX and Supreme ONE90. I cannot use 8090 as a reference point to answer your question. I know you wear 8090 and have had skate issues. Its hard to compare an 8090 to an S15.

these skate look ridiculous and if i had the 450 it cost to buy them i wiould be all over thme :)

Of course right, considering theres a good chance they don't fit your foot at all, and you would of just wasted $450 bucks. Smart choice.

I skate in Vapor XX and Supreme ONE90. I cannot use 8090 as a reference point to answer your question. I know you wear 8090 and have had skate issues. Its hard to compare an 8090 to an S15.

Wow, kinda embarrassing that someone remembered my awful problems.. but they are gone with my 8090 without ANY disadvantage. Yey.

For those that have tried them on. How is the stability in the ankles and how durable do you think the boot is. To me they look really light but because the material looks very thin and doesnt look like it will hold up well.

I'm interested in these skates, but until I know they can even hold up compared to other Easton skates, I'll be looking at other brands first.

If theyre anything like the 1500c, I cant wait. They are like slippers on my feet

I tried on fit stock in Toronto at OneGoal. The S15 fit me a lot better than the 1500 considering the 1500 did not fit me at all. I wouldn't even take a demo 1500 on ice because it was too painful. The S15 felt very comfortable. I was surprised.

cam,

Let me guess that Easton spit the bit on your skates and said sorry not under warranty after 90 days. Did that happen to you? I would love to know how many guys got burned by Easton on this skate self-destructing and the customer got left holding the bag. If NBH had this happen to their skates this badly, guys on MSH would be throwing s*&^t all over the place. Easton 1300s blow up and its just "Oh well."

those would be 1300s not stealths, but point well made. I know i keep breaking easton sticks and keep buying more, i recently broke a mac daddy and i swore to myself i wouldn't buy another warrior and convinced myself that it sucked. (and went out and bought another easton)

corrected to 1300s, thanks. This same thing happened to one of our shop guys and Easton said no go, past 90 days. I understand warranty issues. I am on the business side of the fence. However, there are times when the vendor has to suck it up and say we screwed up, send them back and we will make you, the customer, happy. It still amazes me that Easton turned their back on their customers with this high end product.

yeah kids on my team had problems like that on the 1300's...the 1500's are supposed to be more durable and i think they acheived that...I have had mine since june and there in great shape.

Are they a high cut boot or do they just look that way? I thought the One90's looked high cut until I saw them in person and tried them on. Also, is the sizing supposed to be the same. I fit perfectly in an 8.5 Synergy. Would I be the same size in a Stealth?

Darkstar,

I dont know who your dealing with at easton but through discussions with our rep we have been able to send back any and all defective 1300 and 1500 we may have sold. Ive probably send back about ten pairs because the boot was eating away at the customers ankles, another 10 because the carbon sole cracked or chipped as in that picture. Any defective part found on the skate is notified to easton and they have always issued us a new pair. The only reason we've done this is because our rep gave us the ok stating the issues they were having with the boots.

My shop guy took off the Razor holder and put on Tuuks. Easton claimed that voided the warranty. Ok, if thats what they want to say. Still, putting on Tuuks had nothing to do with the hole in the toe cap on his skates. We took off the Tuuks and were ready to put the Razors back on to send back. My rep said no go, warranty is voided. Quick ? : Are warranty returns credited back against a sales rep's invoiced sales? In other words, does the rep "lose" money on a return? Sounds strange, I know, but I do wonder. Anybody with the honest answer care to share?

I have booked the S15 again for the shop. The rest of the Easton skate line I couldn't sell in my shop if they were $10 a pair. Its just my customers are not interested in the rest of the Easton skate line. I book what sells in skates: NBH. This is how it goes in our location. Every location is different.