Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wicked 3s

wickeds..........

most initially uncomfortable boot i've ever put my feet into. i ended up calling mission and asked them what's up with the boot cause i could seriously not skate for more than 15 min. their answer was it takes a month to break in the skate. not quite sure about everyone else, but i kinda have games/tournaments to play and dont have a month to waste figure skating around in a $500 pair of skates.

my 2 cents............

Did you buy them?

I always liked missions because they had more of a forward "lean" feeling to the skates compared to tours and bauers. Guess I'll wait a while longer to get some more opinions on the skates before I decide to buy this year's or last year's model. Hopefully some of you other guys can compare the lean of the wickeds to the other years so I can decide.

Because he figuered they would be the best performing skate on the market, or am I far off??...

#96: You've been quite the skate collector, thus trying out alot of the different wheel set-ups manufactors have introduced to the market the last few years(I'm guessing). How does the 80-76 Hi-Lo stack up to the Original Hi-Lo & Hummers in perticular?

I'm not intrested in the boots at all, only the chassis set-up. ;)

wickeds..........

most initially uncomfortable boot i've ever put my feet into. i ended up calling mission and asked them what's up with the boot cause i could seriously not skate for more than 15 min. their answer was it takes a month to break in the skate. not quite sure about everyone else, but i kinda have games/tournaments to play and dont have a month to waste figure skating around in a $500 pair of skates.

my 2 cents............

Did you buy them?

i manage a sports store and have been playin hockey for about 16 years. i like to use everything i can so i can learn my product. after reading the hype about the wickeds i figured i'd just replace my proto v's (which to this day fit better than any shoe i've ever worn) since we're starting some tournaments down here in florida. i didnt buy them because "they're the best on the market". in fact, i dont think they are the best at all. If i had the $$ i would buy Easton 1500c ice skates, Wicked 1 rollers and swap the roller chassis to the easton boot. Since i dont want to spend $1000 on a pair of skates, i figured the missions would suffice.

i Skated them tonight again and the left boot is still killing my foot. it seems like it wont form. the right boot is getting there, but i still experience pain as with any new skate.

apart from the period of time needed to break in the skate, the wicked 1s are unbeatable in performance. the use of 80-80-76-76 is great. the tongue is extremely thin and can be adjusted to fit with all kinds of shin guards or whatever. the lightweight feel on your feet is quite nice when sprinting down the rink or doing quick crossovers.

i'll give a final judgement in another month since that's how long they say you need to wait before the break in.

I always liked missions because they had more of a forward "lean" feeling to the skates compared to tours and bauers. Guess I'll wait a while longer to get some more opinions on the skates before I decide to buy this year's or last year's model. Hopefully some of you other guys can compare the lean of the wickeds to the other years so I can decide.

just a prediction...

the 80-80-76-76 will not lead to the problem some people encounter which is feeling like they are too much on their toes and consequently experience reduction in speed and maneuverability.

these so far are the closest mission has ventured to creating a hi-lo that acts as 4 wheels of the same size.

hope that helps a little :)

Because he figuered they would be the best performing skate on the market, or am I far off??...

#96: You've been quite the skate collector, thus trying out alot of the different wheel set-ups manufactors have introduced to the market the last few years(I'm guessing). How does the 80-76 Hi-Lo stack up to the Original Hi-Lo & Hummers in perticular?

I'm not intrested in the boots at all, only the chassis set-up. ;)

I've had a lot, this is true!

Too early to tell I think. I honestly didn't think the speed was that much more increased with the all 80 setup. I always felt first-step quicker on Hi Los and top end speed was always about the same. Grip was better with the all 80s, but that's because there's more wheel stopping you.

I'm anxious to get back into the hilo setup. Only had 2 skates in the new setup and the wheels feel good. But the boot isn't near broken in so I went get the full effect until then.

I'm not intrested in the boots at all, only the chassis set-up.  ;)

Too early to tell I think. I honestly didn't think the speed was that much more increased with the all 80 setup. I always felt first-step quicker on Hi Los and top end speed was always about the same. Grip was better with the all 80s, but that's because there's more wheel stopping you.

I'm anxious to get back into the hilo setup. Only had 2 skates in the new setup and the wheels feel good. But the boot isn't near broken in so I went get the full effect until then.

have you tried the sprung chassis?

I'm not intrested in the boots at all, only the chassis set-up.  ;)

have you tried the sprung chassis?

Nope. I'm not into gimicky (sp.?) things like rocker chassis or vibes, things like that. To me, the more parts, the higher the chance of something breaking. Nothing against the technology, I'm sure it has its advantages. It's just not for me.

I was up in the air. The orange color scheme isn't something I totally dig. When I called Epuck to order, the guy that helped me said that in his opinion the 1s weren't that much lighter. So when it came down to it, I didn't think over $100 more was worth it for something that was only a little lighter. I am very happy with the 3s though.

It's definitely a higher boot. Higher than my Tours were. Doesn't really bother me. But I did get some burn on the lower portion of my leg where the boot stops, which is something I have never had before with any skate. That, and the ankle bite that these are giving me.

In regards to your ankles bones being red and sore is it the inside ankle bone? I just got my 1's and was just wearing them around the house trying to break them in and seems my inside ankle bones are red and sore as well...Anyone else have this problem? Anyway to work around it?

In regards to your ankles bones being red and sore is it the inside ankle bone? I just got my 1's and was just wearing them around the house trying to break them in and seems my inside ankle bones are red and sore as well...Anyone else have this problem? Anyway to work around it?

hey maybe you should let someone else break it in for you to soften it up... ;)

Guys, the skates definitely take some time to break in...I aplogize in advance for this, but we built these skates to last, and had to sacrafice some of the inital comfort pieces...

Believe me, when the skates do get broken in, you will love them...Comfortable, durable, and light.

However, as I begin the development of the 2008 Line, I am definitely targeting to make the boots more comfortable right out of the box.

Guys, the skates definitely take some time to break in...I aplogize in advance for this, but we built these skates to last, and had to sacrafice some of the inital comfort pieces...

Believe me, when the skates do get broken in, you will love them...Comfortable, durable, and light.

However, as I begin the development of the 2008 Line, I am definitely targeting to make the boots more comfortable right out of the box.

i understand they are built to last. as manager of a hockey shop, it's TOUGH for me to sell these because customers try on the 7500's and they feel great then they slip their feet into the brand new 2007 $370 Wicked 3's and feel nothing but discomfort. The 1st thought in a customer's head is not that they will feel great after a month of breaking in, but "Damn those are uncomfortable". I've noticed people shying away from the skate so far.

i'm still waiting for my 1's to begin to break in because i cannot even finish a game.

the performance of the skate is great, and im looking forward to using these to their full potential.

The Wicked 1's and 3's are the ones causing the initial discomfort, while the Wicked 5 and 7 should have no issue in terms of inital discomfort. As a side note, the 9500's were not as comfortable as the 7500's initially either..

It you're a size 7.5 i'll let use them this friday.

haha no i was kidding... :lol: i won't be able to make it this friday anyways.. :(

bring the vibe back and i'll be the first one to buy a pair! B)

bring the vibe back and i'll be the first one to buy a pair! B)

Dude, you and the vibe are cracking me up. :D

I'm gonna find a set of chassis for you!! ;)