Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pody37

Mounting hummers in UK

Hey guys,

I just bought a set of hummers off kovalchuk71, but now i need to get them mounted. Has anyone had experiences with places in UK? Please give good or bad experiences.

Thanks

I've still not had my sprungs mounted but am going to get them done in about 2 weeks at ProSkate in Basingstoke, I'll let you know how they do and I'll ask them if they think they could do anything with your hummers.

What boot are you putting them on?

I've still not had my sprungs mounted but am going to get them done in about 2 weeks at ProSkate in Basingstoke, I'll let you know how they do and I'll ask them if they think they could do anything with your hummers.

Still havent got the boots yet, but looking at probably nike flexlite 10s. More likeyly then not it'll be a flexlite boot anyways.

Thanks in advance Chris

I've had chassis mounted at puckstop a load of times at Puckstop over the years, never had a problem, they're really experienced at doing it.

Still havent got the boots yet, but looking at probably nike flexlite 10s. More likeyly then not it'll be a flexlite boot anyways.

Thanks in advance Chris

Make sure they don't grind through the outsole at the toe for wheel clearence. If they do, the boots will sag on the outside around the front mount plate, which is very small and narrow.

I know this because I've mounted Sprungs on a LOT of Nike/Bauers that have been destroyed from the Humm'r mounting. In most cases, I've had to epoxy the entire toe of the outsole back together to keep them from being trashed. Other than the ruined sole, the rest of the boots were still fine.

Sprungs are the only chassis that have a full width front mount plate to support the space in the middle of Nike/Bauer ice boot outsoles. And they won't stay torqued and twisted like aluminum gets.

Make sure they don't grind through the outsole at the toe for wheel clearence. If they do, the boots will sag on the outside around the front mount plate, which is very small and narrow.

I know this because I've mounted Sprungs on a LOT of Nike/Bauers that have been destroyed from the Humm'r mounting. In most cases, I've had to epoxy the entire toe of the outsole back together to keep them from being trashed. Other than the ruined sole, the rest of the boots were still fine.

Sprungs are the only chassis that have a full width front mount plate to support the space in the middle of Nike/Bauer ice boot outsoles. And they won't stay torqued and twisted like aluminum gets.

Thanks Sprungster,

Do you have any suggestions for other boots? I wanted flexlites because they fit my foot really well, but dont want to destroy the boot!!

Thanks

Do you have any suggestions for other boots? I wanted flexlites because they fit my foot really well, but dont want to destroy the boot!!

Showing your confidence in UK skate shops there Matt! :P

Showing your confidence in UK skate shops there Matt! :P

They can probably be done OK on the Flexlites, but they have to be careful to only take sole away exactly where it would contact the two front wheels, and nothing else. No big long groves starting in the middle of the front of the sole and running off the toe of the boot.

And if you end up not happy with em you can still put on Sprungs, cause they'll support the sole. I've put them on a pair of Bauer XXXs that had three frames before, including the OG ice holder, an alloy frame and then a Humm'r with great damage. No problem. Epoxy rules!!