Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tekdawg

Prostock Warrior Dolomites

if any of you decide you don't like it I'd be interested in a Kovachuk dolomite.

BTW have any of you found that these are repainted XXs or have the old inno blade?

Yea it's really bad for Warrior I've also heard that the many of the Warrior Dolomite Pro-stocks r painted lower end vapor and warrior royals. Most of these fakes were bout on hockeymonkey I'd stay away from them unless u buy it at a game.

if any of you decide you don't like it I'd be interested in a Kovachuk dolomite.

BTW have any of you found that these are repainted XXs or have the old inno blade?

How can you tell?

Well, as posted earlier in this thread, this is what it says inside mine.

V20SR

Then underneath, some character that's cut off, then V202526

W3005 is written perpendicular to the others

How do you tell with the blade? Any specific checker pattern or something along those lines to look for?

ODP, yours has a vapor XX shaft, likely a leftover from when inno was making sticks for bauer. If the blade has a checkerboard weave, it's a Dolomite blade.

The Vapor XX had a different blade, without a checkerboard pattern. It's an RTM blade with a more traditional carbon weave (like a lot of pro dolomites have, and the old innos had). Most find them to be a touch heavier, but more durable than the newer blades.

People want to know. Why shouldn't they? If they want to sell it, it could possibly make their stick more or less attractive to prospective buyers if they feel it makes a difference.

Because look how rattled people are about it. To be honest, no one even knows what Dolomites are let alone the pro stock versions of it. Find a pattern and flex you like and go play. The ones I have work for me in those details so I don't give a frog's fat ass what's underneath paint because they're doing well.

The argument that it may help the attractive factor is just useless. It's a Dolomite; that's what the graphics say. People can conspire to crack the code as to what they "really" are but the signs still say Dolomite.

Because look how rattled people are about it. To be honest, no one even knows what Dolomites are let alone the pro stock versions of it. Find a pattern and flex you like and go play. The ones I have work for me in those details so I don't give a frog's fat ass what's underneath paint because they're doing well.

The argument that it may help the attractive factor is just useless. It's a Dolomite; that's what the graphics say. People can conspire to crack the code as to what they "really" are but the signs still say Dolomite.

haha touche..

i just go in and buy the stick, try it out and away i go.. that's why i never know the answer to "what's in the shaft?"

Good post but do you really want to pay $100 or $150 retail for a Vaper V1 or some other discontinued bargain barrel stick? It takes all of 10 seconds to check under the cap and see that it is infact a real dolo.

No, because has there been a concrete breakdown of the letters/numbers in the shaft? It still says Dolomite on the outside and that's the only thing I'm going off of. Yes, it'd be disheartening to see them actually be some mid-level OPS but you should know going in that you're buying from a shady company in terms of smoke and mirrors.

It's terrible they do this because most ppl who buy dolomite pro-stocks, want a dolomite pro-stock, not a vapor 20 that looks like a dolomite. Which is why it's a pain they can't just always sell u the right thing.

No, because has there been a concrete breakdown of the letters/numbers in the shaft? It still says Dolomite on the outside and that's the only thing I'm going off of. Yes, it'd be disheartening to see them actually be some mid-level OPS but you should know going in that you're buying from a shady company in terms of smoke and mirrors.

Although theres no concrete proof that other companies haven't done this in the past or aren't doing it right now. Whos to say that someones Stealth isn't just a painted mockup of a Z-bubble from 2003...

Its a great marketing plan and far from a secret, since the majority of people on this board atleast know about the stamp inside the shaft. I don't worry about stick whores like myself I worry about parents who take their kids into a hockey shop to buy sticks.

I was in Perani's last weekend and this kid, probably 10 yrs old, ran to the OPS stick rack and grabbed the Bauer Vaper XXX Lite "Woodie". The pricetag was $199.99 for some reason and the mom said "I think I can find it cheaper on the internet. I then pointed out to her the Vaper XXX Lite on the shelf next to the "Woodie" with a price tag of $149.99. I explained to her that it was just a different paint job and the sticks were identical. I also mentioned that they were Senior sticks with high flexes 100 if I remember and it wasn't really optimal for her son to have the stick. She didn't take my advice and sad she was going to look on the internet.

Regaurdless of shady practice, there will always be a consumer base, mainly misinformed parents that are willing to pay top dollar so their kid can have the "best".

So check this.. Liked the insane Saprykin toe curve so much I ordered another one.. Only this one is non-checkerboard blade, slightly heavier shaft and with a much more modest curve on the blade. I still dig it though.

I don't care what it is, both feel good and I like the curves. The first Saprykin was measured at the rink to be over 3/4" curve, this one looks to be about 1/2.

well I for one want to try a dolomite(1100) as I never have. So when/if I buy a dolomite I want a dolomite, not a XX. I have access to buying XXs locally, dolomites or 1100s on the other hand...

well I for one want to try a dolomite(1100) as I never have. So when/if I buy a dolomite I want a dolomite, not a XX. I have access to buying XXs locally, dolomites or 1100s on the other hand...

but aren't 1100's and XX's the same shaft?

similar but not the same.

I got 5 ray whitney dolomites from hockey monkey...4 out of the 5 say Vapor 15, and 1 was just a bunch of numbers. But im not complaining, they perform just as good as my retail dolomites and 1100.

I got 5 ray whitney dolomites from hockey monkey...4 out of the 5 say Vapor 15, and 1 was just a bunch of numbers. But im not complaining, they perform just as good as my retail dolomites and 1100.

They perform like the dolomite that's good to no, and r u saying that 4 of them were two piece sticks because that's wat all Vapor 15's r. Didn't Bauer make the 15 or was inno still making their sticks?

They perform like the dolomite that's good to no, and r u saying that 4 of them were two piece sticks because that's wat all Vapor 15's r. Didn't Bauer make the 15 or was inno still making their sticks?

Well I'm sure I could pull the blade out if I tried but none of them have come loose yet.

similar but not the same.

honestly, I probably wouldn't notice a difference but that's not the point. When I buy a dolomite I expect a dolomite, same goes for any stick. I don't want to buy a sickick and get a synergy. Seriously, how much sense would that make?