Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nem

Street puck?

what type of puck would you use on the street if you wanted to simulate the same type of friction and feel as if you were playing a normal puck on ice?

I never really got a puck to slide very well on cement, especially a street. You'd had more luck with a finished concrete floor though. If your playing on a street, the only puck I can think of that would actually slide is those kinds you get with the three little balls inserted inside. Even wal-mart sells them, tells you they are not very high quality.

I actually tried the ones with 3 balls, and they are terrible.

I use one of those CCM pucks with the pegs. They kinda suck at first, but when the pegs are worn down they slide okay. Nothing like ice though.

Best Outdoor Puck, ever,

I've used it on asphalt, polished and rough concrete, roll on, sportcourt, wood, and anything else you could imagine. by far the best and most versatile inline puck I have ever used.

The franklin ones with the 3 balls (featured in The Mighty Ducks Movies) suck.

get yourself to a tennis court or some surface like it and do it like we used to back in the day, Electrical tap style!

It usesd to take a while to get them broken in, but once they wore down they made for great pucks.

i use an ids puck. they work fine imo. no puck will perfectly glide on asphault, seeing as they are made for smooth surfaces. the pegs eventually get worn out, but they work great as an outdoor puck. also, franklin has a couple decent outdoor pucks that work well.

all I can say it, don't waste your $$ on a Flypuck/Phatpuck... they don't glide like they do in the vids on their site. The wife was nice and bought me one... it works so-so on a real smooth surface.. but that's about it.

What happened to those all-metal pucks that glided and were only meant for stickhandling/wrist shots. In the add they were in some sort of parking lot and one of them was shooting into a hollow concrete cylinder. Can't recall the name of the product.

sounds like the propuck is getting a lot of praise. and i would love to get one, but only one problem...i cant seem to find any in the uk :(

any good online stores or anything based in the uk? i dont wanna have to pay import on something cheap like a puck :blink:

i use an ids puck. they work  fine imo. no puck will perfectly glide on asphault, seeing as they are made for smooth surfaces. the pegs eventually get worn out, but they work great as an outdoor puck. also, franklin has a couple decent outdoor pucks that work well.

I've tried using IDS on asphalt, and it's too hard of a puck and just bounces around all over the place. they are awesome for sportcourt and roll on, but for asphalt, nothing even comes close to the propuck. Believe it or not, it WAS designed to work on roughter surfaces.

For the member looking to buy the puck in the UK, perhaps the next time you're looking to buy equipment, you could take a look at epuck. They have the propucks, but I'm not sure if they ship international. Another idea would be to but more than one, then it might be worth your while.