Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

alex

visa and OPS?

i was talking to some guy at the rink and he said that if you buy a OPS (synergy) with your visa, the 30 day warrenty doubles to 60 days. Can someone confirm this?

Some credit cards have purchase protection options, but i seriously doubt it would apply in a situation like that. If anything, visa would give the guy a credit, and then visa would argue with the shop/manufacturer about getting credit.

All I can think of is him minipulating the bill so it says it paid for the stick at a later date than it really did. I know you can use the Visa receipt when returning the stick, but I don't see how a credit card could increase the warranty. Especially since the warranty isn't intended for a stick being broken for other reasons than manufacturers defect, which will normally occur within the 30 days.

As mentioned the buyer protection programs some cards offer do double the warranty of a product. The card company is responsible for replacement, not the shop or manufacturer.

aahhh...i see...i just read the legal conditions on my mastercard...apparently I have extended warrenty and purchaser assurance. It doesn't say anything about hockey sticks being exempt...so this might be good news

(btw: i have a pc mastercard)

I`m pretty sure it works becasue my brother bought a Rubber and Z Carbon a couple years back for an away tournament in Buffalo I think. Anyways the stick got stolen and he got insured, so sticks aren`t exempt. Visa insures items yuo purchase with them for 60 if there lost, broken or stolen, as long as it`s over a certain amount.

Note: I`m not advising people to commit fraud here and say there stick got stolen with it actually broke. Also, they didn`t just give the money right away theres a long procces my mom had to go throught before we got the money.