Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toroytorero

Slashing

Our guys here get $50 per game (men's league).

Mast areas in the north east it's in that price range, just not around here.

I gotta tell you we had absolutely one of the worst called games ive ever played in last night at twinponds. Absolutely no calls in the first period and the ref told us he wasnt going to call much because "you guys pay alot to play so who wants to spend all there time in the box?". Well things got quickly out of hand with guys seeing what they could get away with. An open ice check, slashing on both teams all that went uncalled. Since the refs werent calling much things started to escalate on the ice. The checks and slashs were so blatant it practicly came to blows (and thats saying alot if you new the old guys I play with). One guy from Horizon Entertainment got thrown from the game for being the third man in. The slashs were SO blatant and when you look at the score sheet they didnt recieve one slashing penalty, even the goalie slashed a guy across the pads with no call after the whistle.

Box score

75!! wow thats good money. Even if the games have intermission thats a 1 1/2 - 2 hours right? 37 bucks an hour aint bad

Some nights it still isn't enough for varsity. We have to be at the rink at least 30 minutes before a game, not to mention that it kills the rest of the night. It's nice to pick up a couple bucks but it's not something you should do just for the money. Especially considering the expense.

beer league here gets either $25/game per ref or $28 for another league. some of the people are adults, some are college kids. there's a lot of people wanting to ref, so they can get away with paying not a lot. this is long island, ny.

no wonder they let so much go in the LI leagues.

They're nice guys and all, but a lot of them simply don't want to be bothered with the game. There are some refs who spend more time at the benches talking to the guys than watching the game.

As a sidenote, I live in queens and I've seen bias from some refs because we're not from the island. It happened the most at Sportime (indoor roller for those who don't know), where our team and another team from queens just didn't have any calls going our way.

I gotta tell you we had absolutely one of the worst called games ive ever played in last night at twinponds. Absolutely no calls in the first period and the ref told us he wasnt going to call much because "you guys pay alot to play so who wants to spend all there time in the box?". Well things got quickly out of hand with guys seeing what they could get away with. An open ice check, slashing on both teams all that went uncalled. Since the refs werent calling much things started to escalate on the ice. The checks and slashs were so blatant it practicly came to blows (and thats saying alot if you new the old guys I play with). One guy from Horizon Entertainment got thrown from the game for being the third man in. The slashs were SO blatant and when you look at the score sheet they didnt recieve one slashing penalty, even the goalie slashed a guy across the pads with no call after the whistle.

Box score

This is exactly why I set my standard early and maintain it through the whole game. If you don't nip it in the bud early, stuff escalates until you end up with a "Gong Show". I've worked with this type of official before several times and it just pisses me off to no end. If we're being paid to do the job, we're supposed to do it to the best of our abilities and not just "mail it in".

Just my opinion, I could be wrong...

The guys who did that game are both new officials who don't like to call penalties. We have a lot of them in the area and it sucks.