Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NJDevil1511

Sakic

since the sakics more open then the modano, you'll be able to get the puck up quicker and easier. i prefer sakic over modano simply becuz i cant get the puck up quick enough with the modano...plus, the sakic gives you mad top-corner snap shots

I like using the Sakic curve. It's great for wrist shots and snapshots. If you have a good slapshot, this curve is easy to adjust to. For stickhandling and puck control I find the Sakic perfect.

the sakic gives you mad top-corner snap shots

The sakic doesnt give you anything. All it gave me was mad shots into the the glass above the net. Its all about personal preference. I have no problem getting the puck upstairs with the Modano, while other people do. Its all PP

you really need to try it out for yourself. i am sure you could find an retail blade or an old wood stick with the sakic curve for cheap. its better to spend $10-15 to try out the curve then spend $140 and find out you dont like it

Curves are personal prefrence slaps, what works for you may not work for others. Some people will swear by the Recchi, others like yourself will hate it. Cavs doesn't have "shit accuracy" because he has difficulty with that curve. I know alot of players who are pretty goods hockey players, but they have alot of trouble adapting to different curves. I wonder if they have "shit accuracy"?

Hey slapper thanks for the shooting tips i really appreciate it. <_< Unfortunately not everyone can be a "snipper" like yourself. But anyway, I have no problem putting the puck where i want, with any curve. I prefer a smaller curve such as a modano or a drury because it has more all around benifits, specifically with backhands.

i find that i can put it where i want with a smaller curve, such as the modo. Took me some time to get used to it, but now i like it ( still gettin used to it a teeny bit tho)

Sakic is the only curve i have ever used. i tried modano, but i find sakic is easier to put the puck in high places, and it is more of a curve to stick handle with.

Hattrick has a really good point there, i got a V120 with a recchi curve and its sitting in my closet cuz its suck BIG TIME lol

:rolleyes:

or you just didnt take the time to get used to it

The Sakic is my favorite curve, and I'd like it even better if it had a little less loft. Thats why i LOVE the TPS Nash, its a Sakic with less loft. Its a great curve IMO.

The Sakic is my favorite curve, and I'd like it even better if it had a little less loft. Thats why i LOVE the TPS Nash, its a Sakic with less loft. Its a great curve IMO.

Agreed I prefer the Nash over the Sakic even though essentialy they're the same.

Yah, i agree, the sakic is a good curve. I find it did take some gettin used to ( as expected) coming from a modano and my old customs. I've been using it for a year now, and i can only use a curve simialr to it now :P

Hattrick has a really good point there, i got a V120 with a recchi curve and its sitting in my closet cuz its suck BIG TIME lol

:rolleyes:

or you just didnt take the time to get used to it

or that could be it

i guess ill take more time to get use to it

i really have no choice now do i lol

Hey slapper thanks for the shooting tips i really appreciate it. <_< Unfortunately not everyone can be a "snipper" like yourself. But anyway, I have no problem putting the puck where i want, with any curve. I prefer a smaller curve such as a modano or a drury because it has more all around benifits, specifically with backhands.

I want to see a video of you doing so..

I"ve been playing for a LONG time, and I guarantee if I shot with 5 different curves in a 10 minute span, I couldn't put the puck "anywhere I wanted".

I'd LOVE to see somebody use a few different curves in a short amount of time, and be 100% adjusted to a different curve/loft/lie/etc. and still pick corners like you've been using it for 10 years.

BULLSHIT.

-M

Maybe thats just you. In the store i work at there is a net downstairs with a shooting platform. Me and a bunch of other people can easily pick up any random stick thats down there and pick corners. Thanks.

I've used both the Modano and the Sakic. The thing you have to do with the sakic is make sure you roll your wrists with that curve. You'll get a decent slapshot off, but for wrist shots and snapshots i found that with that curve, really rolling your wrists gave me an incredibely heavy hard, yet also very fast shot. Go with the Sakic just give it a little time to get used to then it will be perfect.