Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bendy

Renfrew Composite Stick Wrap?

Hi guys, Im a long time reader but this is my first post..anyways i just got this stuff today so i havnt had a chancr to try it out on the ice yet to see if it actually makes my stick more durable, but as for the soft grip feel, it feels almost the exact same, no noticable difference.

Renfrew isn't the best cloth tape, but it works, whatever. The clear tape is GREAT though, i cant stand the stuff that doesn't "fart" when you use it.

Anyone know of a shop online that carries this stuff. I wasn't able to find any more ebay auctions with it or anything from googling it.

I dont like the renfrew tape, after a couple shifts the ice builds up on the blade and the tape starts peeling at the bottom of the blade. I kinda know this doesnt matter but the tape is a kind of yellow/white tape. The best tape is andover tape. It last for a long time and is really white.

I dont like the renfrew tape, after a couple shifts the ice builds up on the blade and the tape starts peeling at the bottom of the blade. I kinda know this doesnt matter but the tape is a kind of yellow/white tape. The best tape is andover tape. It last for a long time and is really white.

I don't have many problems with refnew tape. It might be because I wax my stick so much. It cuts really easy though and I have to tape my stick pretty much every 1 or 2 games, but I don't mind.

nobody knows yet?

I've been trying to get some ordered but our rep for that is absolutely useless.

I hate renfrew tape. I useto live near renfrew so thats the only tape i got. I hate it so much, the very edge of the tape always rips off of the rest of the tape, so it makes it thinner. As for the stick wrap though... I dunno.

The biggest problem I have with Renfrew tape is that a couple of threads always get caught on the side of the roll and rip the edge of the tape, but I have this problem with Jaybird and Andover tape as well. I find the Renfrew sticks better than the Jaybird tape though - the Jaybird stuff seems to peal off as soon as I step out on to the ice! The Andover tape sticks better, but rips easier.

As for the stick wrap tape - how much weight does it add to the stick? Who's going to spend that extra $50 to get a stick 20 grams lighter, and then add the weight back on with extra tape?

The biggest problem I have with Renfrew tape is that a couple of threads always get caught on the side of the roll and rip the edge of the tape

Thats what I tried to say.