Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bendy

Renfrew Composite Stick Wrap?

I saw some sort of tape or wrap for composite sticks at the LHS thats supposedly helps the durability. It's made by renfrew, and has Steve Yzerman on the wrapper. What's the deal?

If its anything like renfrew's standard tape, stay away from it. Whenever I use that junk the entire bottom of the blade has no tape on it after one shift. The OPS tape JR sent me a while back was great stuff. Didn't feel any different than your average roll of tape, but lasted me almost twice as long as it usually does.

on the subject of tape, i actually think renfrew is the best tape that i've used so far. i got some cantech tape (according to the owner, they supply tape to the leafs, and some other NHL teams) and the tape would disappear after half an hour, and if it got wet at all, it'd start peeling

hey, 100th post, :lol:

That's the stuff. I was just wondering about how it worked, and if any had used it. I noticed it at the register when I bought my new response+ :D

A teammate has had it on for a couple of weeks. His stick hasn't broken. Does that mean it works, or just hasn't been hit hard enough to break it yet. One of those funny products where you can't really tell if it works or not. Do they warranty their product, or have tests to back it up?

If it adds a grippy feel, might be good for those that like that type of surface.

Yeah, that stuff sounds pretty cool to me. I think i might have to invest in some of that renfrew tape. I've also been trying new grip techniques lately.

my tape always has to be perfect, even if it is fine i tape again so it doesn't really matter if this last longer because ill be taping again anyways. but if it gives more PROTECTION i would be interested, but from what i've seen this is only for the shaft of your stick and i need it for the blade more than everything. am i correct?