Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sc37

Why You Don't Skimp On a Mask

Anoter incident from what appears to be an intersting Stars, Oilers game last night. Mike Smith gets drilled in the mask and bends his cage.

Yeah Bergeron drilled him right off the faceoff. Smith only played in 11 games, but that already the second or third time he's been hit hard enough to have to switch masks.

That isn't necessarily "skimping" on a mask.

The energy of the shot was absorbed by the cage rather than Smith's head. It's like any professional race car series where the energy of a crash is dissipated through the car while protecting the driver.

In this case, the cage did its job.

at least the puck got tipped a bit. i wonder how much worst it couuld have been if it hit him straight.

The only good news is that if it hadn't been tipped it would have stayed low and hit him in the pads.

Looks like the puck hit Smith hard enough to give him a concussion. Stars have brought up another goalie while he is out. http://www.dallasstars.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=7684

at least the puck got tipped a bit. i wonder how much worst it couuld have been if it hit him straight.

The only good news is that if it hadn't been tipped it would have stayed low and hit him in the pads.

http://www.dallasstars.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=7684

i meant if the puck hit him in the face without being tipped. i think it lost a good 10mph when it hit a stick.

That's what he's Saying... That's why you DON"T Skimp on a mask. ^_^

Damn I totally misunderstood that. I've been reading so many posts on other boards about how his mask was so cheap that it bent.

That's what he's Saying... That's why you DON"T Skimp on a mask. ^_^

Damn I totally misunderstood that. I've been reading so many posts on other boards about how his mask was so cheap that it bent.

the announcers talk about how his cage saved him from further injuries.

i never even thought about a goalies cage caving in and cutting him.