Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KYHockey3

who will win the super bowl?

wich team?  

92 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I think it's San Diego's year, I'd be really shocked if they don't get there at least. I already predicting SD vs Balt for the AFC champs

I think it's San Diego's year, I'd be really shocked if they don't get there at least. I already predicting SD vs Balt for the AFC champs

SD/Chi would be a good game. If Chicago wins....Rex Grossman would take over the title of "Worst QB to Lead a Team to a SB" (Trent Dilfer - Bal currently holds that distinction).

I think we'll be seeing SD vs Bal for the AFC and NO vs Chi for NFC. Any of those four teams would be good picks to win it all, it'll be interesting.

Pats. SD has the best team/talent but they're still coached by Schottenheimer. All a team has to do is put Elway on their sideline and he'll buckle.

Pats. SD has the best team/talent but they're still coached by Schottenheimer. All a team has to do is put Elway on their sideline and he'll buckle.

:lol: you'd have to wrestle horse teeth away from his dealerships first. No wait, scratch that, wrestle him away from his mansion cashing in from his dealerships first.

I think we'll be seeing SD vs Bal for the AFC and NO vs Chi for NFC. Any of those four teams would be good picks to win it all, it'll be interesting.

Picking the top teams in each conference.... exciting.

all four have been very impressive this year though.

Seattle has to go into Chicago, but Grossman could have a meltdown. Chicago did already beat the crud out of Seattle this year though.

The Eagles could be a surprise against the Saints, the game earlier was down to the wire.

NE has to go into SD and beat the roll the Chargers have had, I don't see it happening.

The Colts go into Baltimore, struggling on defense most of the year and facing the top rated defense. Indy has the tools to pull it out, but Peyton needs a helluva game to get the job done and not get eaten alive. If Baltimore is on, they shouldn't have much trouble at home.

NE has to go into SD and beat the roll the Chargers have had, I don't see it happening.

SD has essentially a rookie QB and NE can rattle any QB. The problem then is SD could just LT them to death and there's really nothing they can do about that, but I still take NE in this one.

LT will not run all over the pats, as much as i like him he wont. also the colts will beat baltimore if the colts D can play strong, but heres my prediction for the super bowl

Pats vs Eagles

I don't think he'll run all over them, but they'll pass to him just as much to make sure he gets his touches. I don't think NE can stop him or even their receivers so they're going to just have to make sure they get to Rivers.

i just think they need to worry about gates for the receivers and yeah i agree with you on getting to rivers, if he doesnt start off well and he gets rattled then hes rattled and pissed the whole game

I don't think he'll run all over them, but they'll pass to him just as much to make sure he gets his touches. I don't think NE can stop him or even their receivers so they're going to just have to make sure they get to Rivers.

One thing I've always read about Belichick is he tries to take away a team's strength, which, in this case, is Ladainian. Consequently, I think they will focus heavily on stopping LT and put the burden on Rivers to beat them.

This game reminds me of the 2001 SB when they went against the Greatest Show On Turf and disrupted the timing all game.

If they are able to at least contain LT I'm wondering how they'll do in covering their WRs. Floyd and Jackson are beasts, let alone Gates.

hahaha floyd and jackson are beasts? hahahah

The pats will not have trouble with their receivers let me tell you, and Vince wilfork and tully banta-cain are gonna come up huge in this game i can feel it

Beasts in size, meaning NE won't be able to play as overly physical as they like to do. Follow along. That and they won't have Harrison and that's going to show up more here than it did in the NYJ game. There's no more vet to come out of nowhere to help out like in the days of O-T-I-S.

As an aside, I think it's quite impressive how the Chargers went against conventional wisdom twice in about four years, with great results. Particularly after the 90's, when Bobby Beathard would traditionally trade next year's first round pick for a high second round pick this year.

Yet in 2001, everyone thought the Chargers should take Michael Vick; instead they traded the rights for the first pick to Atlanta for Tim Dwight, the fifth pick (LT), a third round pick and a second the following year. Then in 2004, the Chargers pick Eli Manning, yet traded his rights to the Giants for the rights to Philip Rivers, a third round pick, a 2005 1st round pick (Merriman) and a 2005 fifth rounder. Those are two fanstastic trades, especially since a lot of people thought the Chargers were crazy for trading Vick and Manning.

Regarding the game, I'd favor the Chargers probably 6.5 out of 10 times, since they seem to be slightly more physical, but I could just as easily see the Patriots win this time.

Eagles vs. Chargers, with the Chargers beating the Eagles.

I can't see McNabb being the QB for much longer...

Please explain this. Even if Garcia is better for the offense than McNabb is, Garcia is 37 and McNabb has 4 years left on his contract. Plus, the team has no young QB to groom for the future job if McNabb gets traded.

I almost hate being this right. WRs were open all over the place but they had Seahawk hands, which of course falls under the fact that their coach is absolutely cursed.