Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GH_ID

Trashers at the Airport

Hey guys,

I've just arrived to Göteborg, Sweden to study 1 semester here in design and will be coming back to Montreal for the summer.

Yesterday, I was waiting nervously at the Montreal airport when I saw Bob Hartley passing in front of me. So I decided to stand by to see if any players would show up when I saw Kovalchuk and Kozlov just arround the corner minutes later. After the hole team passed in front of us to catch there plane. Got to see Hossa, Lehtonen, Holik, I was pretty excited even if it wasn't my first sighting of NHL players after my internship this summer. I was also the onely one to notice them, or at least that cared haha!

I didn't go talk to them cause I would of sounded goofy but I appreciated the moment and it completely removed the stress I had of taking the plane.

I really hope I get to play hockey here in Sweden and I'll try to post some pics when I go see the pro team here in Göteborg called the Frolunda Indians of the Elite Swedeish League. Tommy Salo is the goalie and there's also Steve Kariya that I know form the roster.

3801originaltz9.th.jpg

Take care guys!

Oh! and for JR, or anyone intrested, the girls here are AMAZING, trully gorgeous, tall, blond, blue eyes, I'm trully amazed.

Yes I am Sven and I study in industrial design at HDK school of arts and crafts.

What nationality are you?

GH_ID: just wait till the weather gets warmer, you ain't seen nothing yet.

I would also strongly suggest takeing the train to Copenhagen (2½hours) and or Oslo (3hours) once before you leave. Both amazing cities, if you come in the summertime to Copenhagen it actually supercedes Gothenburg in Babe-volume.

I have to agree with the others' assessments of the fairer gender in Oslo. But, the Big Macs are really expensive!

Yes I am Sven and I study in industrial design at HDK school of arts and crafts.

What nationality are you?

Im german but i'd love to study over there.

btw do you play Ice or Inline, they have tons of Icehockey clubs in and around Gothenburg, which cover all levels of play.

At the end of Ice season they put sportscourt on a few select rinks and play inlinehockey. There is a single 40x20m indoor inlinerink for all year use in Biskopsgaarden.

The big place for 60x30m inlinehockey in the Spring/Summer time is Landvetter.

Some of the worlds best Inlineplayers play in that area for teams like Resport and Gbg Revolution. Many of them played on the national team that took Gold at the IIHF Inline World Championship 2006.

Just some FYI.

I would love to play ice hockey here but I don't know where to look.

I'm doing my semester in swedish but everyone speeks english so my teachers and classmates will help me.

Hey guys, just wanted to fallow up on the Swedish experience. Went to see the local hockey club tonight. Pretty good hockey, good prospects but far away from the NHL. For you gear lovers, the Frölunda team is sponsored by TPS and the other team (MORA) was RBK-CCM.

You can see a few pictures on MySpace.

http://gharvey-suede.spaces.live.com/