Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEE D0N

Tours new 07 skate "Carbon"

Yea I have also heard they are a stiffer skate then the code-1’s and E-2’s also that the toe cap is wider and taller.

Yeah i had and still have Fishbones (dont fit me anymore) and i LOVED them, i did get the cracking and flaking on the bottom of my boots. Those skates were awesome and were nothing but perfect, not to stiff not to soft. A for the 962's i have no idea if they were stiffer or not.

I hope these carbons are the "rebirth" of the Fishbone because i loved that skate and these technically can only get better, and theyd better fit like a glove, sacrificing fit on a top of the line skate is like buying a really nice sportscar in automatic trans...

I might be able to get some pictures this weekend. Theres a TORHS coming in town this weekend hopefully Tour will be there. Keep your fingers crossed, if you want to see them that is.

Yeah i had and still have Fishbones (dont fit me anymore) and i LOVED them, i did get the cracking and flaking on the bottom of my boots. Those skates were awesome and were nothing but perfect, not to stiff not to soft. A for the 962's i have no idea if they were stiffer or not.

I hope these carbons are the "rebirth" of the Fishbone because i loved that skate and these technically can only get better, and theyd better fit like a glove, sacrificing fit on a top of the line skate is like buying a really nice sportscar in automatic trans...

i bought 3 pairs of the fishbones...one that came with the tour redline chassis...after the carbon fibre started cracking and flaking, i was disappointed as i loved them so much...then i think a week or so later, hockeygiant were clearing the fishbones (boot only) and so i splurged and bought two pairs. So now i'm using one with the labeda hummers (see avatar) and still have a brand new set of boots still to be used.

As for my current set-up (fishbones + hummers) after a season of use, i haven't noticed any chipping or cracking on the carbon fibre on my boot. The only beef i have with them is that the labeda dynasty's started cracking 3 games in....

but boot-wise, comparing to my friends beemers, the insides of the fishbones were similar to them...

I had a pair on at TORHS in PA. I'm not a Tour guy but they fit really well. They were tight where they needed to be and had no areas where slop would be a problem. They also felt plenty stiff.

I was a big fan of the Code-1 color scheme, and I think this skate would be kicking a lot more ass on the market if they were the green/gold combo instead of the red/silver.

I just received a pair and am very impressed with the skate. The new tongue is amazing and eliminates all lace bite from occurring. Also the new toe cap which is bigger fits my toes comfortably. They are also stiffer then the code-1’s I have owned and other tours but are still very comfortable for me. The latest news I have heard from tour says they will be available through Tour Dealers late may or early June. If you have any questions for me just ask.

I just received a pair and am very impressed with the skate. The new tongue is amazing and eliminates all lace bite from occurring. Also the new toe cap which is bigger fits my toes comfortably. They are also stiffer then the code-1’s I have owned and other tours but are still very comfortable for me. The latest news I have heard from tour says they will be available through Tour Dealers late may or early June. If you have any questions for me just ask.

Richard,

So did you get a chance to play in them yet? Let me know how they feel after the first game. Bias for action, creativity, integrity, etc. etc... whatever.

ps-check out the new mission skates for 08-you will convert someday....

Richard,

So did you get a chance to play in them yet? Let me know how they feel after the first game. Bias for action, creativity, integrity, etc. etc... whatever.

ps-check out the new mission skates for 08-you will convert someday....

I have played a few games on them now and really like them with the new tongue being good and like wise for the toe cap. Also the skate being one of the stiffer skates from tour is also good.

Our goal with the new Code Carbon was to improve the stiffness of the boot without increasing weight or affecting the comfort. All the test people believe that the Code Carbon has met each of these goals. Time will tell, but we are excited. Code Carbons will be available in about 3 weeks.