Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BEE D0N

Tours new 07 skate "Carbon"

Bryan and CJ play since 2005 always at the European Champions Cup for Asiago. Normally they play for the Mudcats. They trying to make Tour popular in Europe, since they doing that 4 european Teams getting Team-Tour. It's hard to get Tour equipment in Europe but this changed since they played for Asiago.

The new Tour Carbons will be a higher end model over the Code 1s. I personally had them in my hand and would have tried them on if they werent a small size. There were a bunch of proto-types out at torhs winter cup.. Tommy Stahl had them, Johnny Mac, CJ Yoder, JP Beilson, Greg Thompson. I took Johnny Macs and he said they fit like a glove. They are alot stiffer from the Code 1s. They come with Labeda Fuzion Red Mini Bearing wheels. Its a solid skate. Eddie from tour said they'd be coming out in a couple of months.

CJs prototypes in the euro league may have been an early proto type of the carbons.. tommy stahl's are a little different also. they have some white carbon on the back as opposed to the silver carbon.

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage....mp;po=86&c=

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage....mp;po=83&c=

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage....mp;po=72&c=

http://www.photoreflect.com/pr3/OrderPage....mp;po=97&c=

Can please somebody tell me the real difference between the Code1 and the Code E2 ??? I mean as new shoes they've git nearly the same stiffness. I hope you can help me because I have to choose one of them. thanks

Wow i cant wait these months untill they put this skate out! Im also curious as to what exactly they will look like. Those pictures of the Carbons with white on them are sick, and i dont even like white on skates.

I saw them up close and picked them up at Torhs WinterCup in PA a couple weekends ago and I didn't really see anything spectacular in them. Yes they were relatively light skate coming from Tour and the Code 1 but it wasn't that much difference in the construction of the boot and weight to say its necessarily "better". From what I liked though personally, my next set-up is going to be the Vector 10.0 boot on a Sprung frame. To each their own though. If you like the Code-1, I wouldn't be surprised if you liked/loved the Carbons.

i was at wintercup also. The boot is constructed alot better then the code 1s. The skates that have the white on the sides and back are only proto type skates and wont be out in stores.

wow, those new tours look pretty sweet...i wish we had a place that sold tour roller blades in vancouver....

yeah, imagine how hard it is to get tour stuff on the island

wow, those new tours look pretty sweet...i wish we had a place that sold tour roller blades in vancouver....

yeah, imagine how hard it is to get tour stuff on the island

That sucks for you, if you want Tour stuff that is.

Kovalchuck who are you? I live in Cary too...

Kovalchuck who are you? I live in Cary too...

Speaking of Cary, where do you guys play roller there? I might be moving to that area in the not too distant future. I went to college at Elon where i first started playing and am familiar with the old Daniel Boone rink in Hillsborough (probably gone now) and then the Plex but those were ice only.

Hmmmm could this be the rebirth of the Tour Fishbones with new cosmetics and better carbon fiber technology.....given the reincarnation of the Mission "Wicked Light" as the "Wicked" series...round and round we go......

Interesting thought there MDE3. But theses are full carbon and weren’t the fish bones just part way up the skate?

I owned a pair and am trying to remember...pretty sure they were a full carbon boot. I remember wondering if they would hurt my feet/ankles before I bought them because they seemed pretty stiff...however they were fine.

As I recall the concept was to use a speedskate type boot with an extension for hockey, where the bottom of the boot was reinforced with thicker carbon fiber for shot impact. They had a problem in the early series with the boot carbon hazing..where hairline cracks would begin to appear in the carbon fiber. This hazing did not affect the skating performance but was pretty unnerving when you had just shelled out around $400 for a pair of latest technology skates...The later series seemed to have corrected this.

Was probably an effort to make the shell hard enough to proted the feet from puck impact...and maybe got the mix too hard, so it protected the foot, but cracked from the impact or skating flex, because it failed to flex enough.

I thought the Carbons weren't as stiff as the 962's during that time frame? Can't speak for Tour but my first thoughts weren't thinking back to the Fishbone when I saw it in PHX..

I was worried about them being too stiff before I bought them, but they didn't prove out that way...although I tried the 962's I never ownwed a pair. I tried both before I decided on the Fishbones.