Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hattrick74

Do pro stock sticks vary in weight?

do they vary in weight? i have obtained 3 pro stocks of a rather popular stick that is tough to come by. a bertuzzi, roloston and forsberg are the players who used them. and each stick varies in weight, one is 430 g, the other 2 are 480 and 490. now do the sticks just wiegh differently but are still the same stick or are the sticks painted to look like something else?

It could be a couple of things. Either they asked for the stick to be a certain weight or it very well could be painted like something else. There's also usually a bit of leeway in actual weights of sticks from batch to batch, though 50-60g is a bit excessive for that.

I know which popular stick you are talking about and there is a good chance that they are another stick with a paint job. This company is notorious for painting older models to look like an unreleased model just to build up the hype.

Its not that hard to believe. Pro sticks are usually COMPLETELY custom! Some guys might want them a little heavier, other a little lighter. It depends on the player. It totally makes sense that the same stick would be different weights for different Pro-Players.

Bertuzzi, Rolston, and Forsberg were all using real Stealths. Players can get the sticks almost as custom as they want them (weight, length, curve, various offered flexes and the way they flex) and they constantly change them...silly things too..."I want a 1/8th of an inch taken off the toe. Or I want the toe to be up 1/4 of an inch." Differences you doubt they can even tell.

But hey, it's their livelihood. I believe Forsberg wasn't quite used to a stick so light so he preferred to stick with his regular Si-Core for the time being.

Don't know about the weight he prefers, but if you've ever seen his blade, it's ginormous. He LOVED the Stealth.

Also I remember Sundin wanted a few of his sticks to be altered and it was causing breakage because, from what I was lead to believe, there was less material being put into that specific region than normal. I'd think some of these guys would want extra protection or less protection in certain areas due to their beliefs which could also effect the weights.

Don't know about the weight he prefers, but if you've ever seen his blade, it's ginormous. He LOVED the Stealth.

It is a monster.....He did well with the Stealth this year ;) Just Kidding....Avs are my team, and it killed me to see him stink this year....