Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

drisco487

Fastest Guy in the NHL

I agree with you there. In my opinion I think game speed compared to the fastest skater competition are two different things. So if your judging fastest in the NHL i dont think you can go by a skills competition for that answer.

It's not like anyone really cares about the results anyway. Like alot of people have said, Ovechkin definatley did alittle better but he wasn't the fastest, he was moving his feet like crazy but not alot of speed was comming from it. But yeah the stopwatch definatley altered it alittle. Ovechkin probably has one of the best speed bursts I've seen. He can go from a stopped position to full speed incredibly quick which like I've said is much more important that just being incredibly fast.

the fastest skate & the people in it were just not right. i think we all know this.

jason blake should've been in it.

& ovy clearly did not run no 15.

Ovechkin stumbled off the start...now that in itself didn't cause him to lose a full second...but it didn't help.

I think the stop watch is a very inconstistant way to get the times right, but I dont think that the fastest skater comp. means anything...when in a game do you skate a circle around the ice?..I think it is better to be the quickest player, because in games your always stopping, starting and changing directions, I would probably go for st.louis for this category, but straight out speed(which I don't think matters as much) id say gaborik

Scott Niedermayer.

There is a difference between how fast one moves his feet and how fast one actually is skating.

But then, what do I know...

Gaborik is my farvourite, he both seems, looks and is fast.

+His skateing style is perfect in my opinion, maybe Afinogenov could beat him in a timed event, but boy is Gaborik smooth.

Anybody see his 2 goals (especially the 2nd) against Russia in the first game of the olympics?

The second one, everybody in the room was screaming "look at him go!", and then he finished it off with a in stride sniper/canon wristshot.

That's the most attractive I've ever been to a man... LOL :-/

Here's the video for the seceond one:

And the 1st:

Almost just as good.

Btw I heard he does (when healthy) the highest benchpress in the NHL.

That's the closest I'll ever be

I think it is a question how you define speed/quickness

Do you ask for quickness or speed? There is a big difference!!

Once Pavel Bure was the planet´s qickest guy because he was able to reach his fuull speed with 2 strides but there were lots of players who were faster when it came to topspeed

... the opposite Ed Jovanovski (not sure if I wrote him correctly)

I think Gaborik has both, quickness and speed

Yesterday the DEL All- Star weekend in Germany was held

Rico Fata (he´s playing for Mannheim) was expected to be the fastest skater

but he was beaten

by D-man Andy Roach !!!! (I think lots of guys know him as he played in the NHL, too)

So you can see this question is not easy to answer as ice-surfaces, wheater, team tactics.... etc. are playing roles

We have to break it down to three categories first.

1) Without the puck

2) With the puck

3) Acceleration factor.

Some guys like Gaborik & Afenagenov have very quick acceleration, but guys like Kovalchuk & Lombardy look faster once they reach full speed, so it’s hard to measure who's the fastest guy. Then take into the account puck handling at top speed, if we do then we have to add Kopitar, Wolski & Selanne to the mix. Also one guys whose underrated and I think should be in the mix is Jovanovsky.

Cheers

-With the puck Hemsky can fly. Smooth skater and awesome puck handling too. Some moves he pulls off at top speed are amazing.

I agree that this needs to be considered in different categories. I also second Hemsky as one of the fastest with the puck. I haven't watched many Caps games, but this seems to be Ovy's strength too. A lot of his goals and chances I saw in highlights (which can be deceiving) seemed to come from defenseman not being able to keep up with his speed when he had the puck. I didn't see the all-star skills though.

Even though it's an inaccurate title, I love watching the fastest skater at the all-star skills.

patrik elias can really pump it....so can vermette and alfredsson (no bias) but a very underrated skater is (you guessed it) sean avery.....his skates go as fast as his mouth :lol: