Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OhMyGodImOnFire

Glove Speed

I know this isn't really equipment, but I don't know where else to put this.

How do you guys increase your glove speed? All I've got so far is

-throwing a racquetball against a wall (throw it so it hits the wall first, then ground, supposed to create a more realistic puck situation). I like the racquetball, it's light and hard(er) to catch. But, it's pretty easy when you're wearing a glove.

-Taking a puck, throwing it at myself in some obscure direction and trying to catch it. Sucks, cuz you know where the puck is going.

help?

do the raquet/tennis balls without the glove- go barehand. do two at a time to really liven it up, simply because you'll eventually be working off instinct and reaction alone.

it seemed like my glove speed increased a while after i started doing this push up circuit workout on blocks that i found in a goalie book. i don't know if this was just coincidence or it made me faster. i have noticed since i've stopped doing them for a while my glove seems to be a little slower so maybe it helps.

I've seen some goalie schools that take a few pucks and put different letters on them and shoot at you. Not only do you have to save the puck but you have to tell them what letter was on the puck without looking at it. The reasoning behind it is being able to follow the puck, when you follow the puck well you can almost slow it down mentally and it will help your reactions. I've never tried it but I hear it works.

its a a couple variations of pushups that work specific muscles i.e. shoulders, back, chest, triceps etc. if you'd like i could draw you a diagram up but i dont want to waste my time if you arent interested. let me know.

couple of things i do, first i have a foam puck that i throw at a wall and it bounces off at all angles lol and so it helps improve your reflexes as you never know where its gonna go. another thing i do is have a mate stand behind me and throw a tenis ball over my shoulder so i cant see where its going at the wall and then catch it without your glove on.

hey guys sorry i dont have that diagram up yet. i'll try to get it up tomorrow. maybe tonight if i don't go out.

get another person, and have him drop a ball from shoulder height while you're facing him.

react quick and try to catch the ball before it hits the ground.

you can vary this exercise depending on how easy it is. drop from lower height, stand further back, etc.

I think I already said this before, but I like juggling for hand eye coordination. I can do it while watching tv, so its less boring. Also, while watching tv, I can work on my peripheral(sp...) vision. And most importantly, it looks cool if you can actually juggle.

its a a couple variations of pushups that work specific muscles i.e. shoulders, back, chest, triceps etc. if you'd like i could draw you a diagram up but i dont want to waste my time if you arent interested. let me know.

Where is this picture im still interested

my bad guys between ice and roller i havent been home much these past few weeks i'll try to work on it before my game tomorrow.

OK guys here it is, finally. Like i said idk if it does make your glove faster but i notice an increase in speed after statring them and a drop off after quitting them.

blocks.jpg

for anyone that doesn't know what blocks are, these are the ones i use by everlast.

200.jpgB00091RXM8.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Ever try weighting down your glove hand during practice?

I have seen skate weights which are along the same idea.

What to weigh your hands down with it the difficult part, finding something that will fit and isn't combersome and will stay in place is a challenge.

I have tried the strap on wrist/ankle weights before... but they didn't make it through the hour.

Ever try weighting down your glove hand during practice?

I have seen skate weights which are along the same idea.

What to weigh your hands down with it the difficult part, finding something that will fit and isn't combersome and will stay in place is a challenge.

I have tried the strap on wrist/ankle weights before... but they didn't make it through the hour.

what do you mean didn't make it through?