Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin 1933

Ebay skates - from the 1500 post

Well the guy on ebay is definitely not the one who stole them. The guy is an associate pastor at a church 30 minutes away...He told me they were bought at the swap meet...Oh well, the search continues...

Just wanted to make sure nobody e-mailed the guy accusing him of stealing them....

Too bad you hit a dead end on this one Justin. I sure hope you find the guy. Good luck with your continued search.

No idea on how they were stolen. All I can guess is that they were taken out of the trash...I guess I will need to spray paint all boots I throw away from now on...

I have no idea if that is where the skates came from...I am just trying to figure out all possibilities...The reason I think something happened, is I don't remember ever throwing that many pairs of skates away...Usually the tags have been removed as well...

I guess it is over, since I have hit a dead end....

Yes, in California, it is against the law to dig through another's trash. If proven to be an act that damages a company or an individual person, it could be considered a felony.

But is that "stealing" if you threw them out? Not trying to start something, just curious

The people that go through my recycle bin looking for metal and plastic to sell for a living are bitching at me cause I only throw out crappy rocker arms and no frames and hardware so they can build some pairs to sell on ebay.

Someone posted a picture of a product sample (1500) he bought for 10 bucks off eBay.

That part I saw. How is it determined that they were stolen? Was there more than one pair stolen?

I bought a pair of them from him, they first popped up on Ebay at the beginning of December I believe. ( Not saying he did any wrong doing, just trying to help you narrow down the time frame)

The tag info had and email and phone #, it was chinese I believe. But I suppose that is from your manufacturer. So that I guess that won't help?

Are their any risks with these boots? I mounted some Sprungs on them, I don't want the boot breaking because it may be unstable! I didn't know they were stolen I wouldn't have bought them had I known where they came from.

Multiple pairs of HE500 and HE1500 boots popped up on Ebay that were samples never intended for sale to the public. Someone stole them from somewhere along the line and sold them at a swap meet. The person selling them on Ebay is an innocent party who purchased them from the swap meet and put them onto Ebay. Nothing else has been said about if Justin found out the product leak or any additional investigating Mission is doing.

Are their any risks with these boots? I mounted some Sprungs on them, I don't want the boot breaking because it may be unstable!

Not to be a D!%$, but you bought them for ten bucks brand new with a Chinese tag and now you worry if something might be wrong with them?!?!?!? Buying from an online store is one thing, but getting an unbelievably smoking deal on e-bay is something else completely. On e-bay it is certainly buyer beware...

I appreciate your concern and the fact that you would not knowingly have bought them had you known they were stolen. Did they have holes in the soles as if anything were ever mounted? Maybe you should throw these away and buy a closeout pair of 1500's and have the Sprung's mounted. The new ones will be under warranty I think for a year.

I wasn't the one that bought them for $10 bucks, by time it was all said and done it was $25 bucks. Much like the Easton Air boots on HockeyMonkey for 19.99. I would have bought those but they are not my size.

I put in a best offer and did get a good deal.

Also no where in the auction did it say they were test bed boots, or could you see what the tag description was. The boots just appear to be regular ones that have not been mounted... I see no flaws with them, but with all this coming to light who knows if they are defects? That is my concern.

I splurged on Sprungs. I am on a very tight budget and Hockey is expensive, as we all know. I like good deals the guy had 99.8% feedback so I thought nothing of it.

Are their any risks with these boots? I mounted some Sprungs on them, I don't want the boot breaking because it may be unstable!

Not to be a D!%$, but you bought them for ten bucks brand new with a Chinese tag and now you worry if something might be wrong with them?!?!?!? Buying from an online store is one thing, but getting an unbelievably smoking deal on e-bay is something else completely. On e-bay it is certainly buyer beware...

I appreciate your concern and the fact that you would not knowingly have bought them had you known they were stolen. Did they have holes in the soles as if anything were ever mounted? Maybe you should throw these away and buy a closeout pair of 1500's and have the Sprung's mounted. The new ones will be under warranty I think for a year.

I wasn't the one that bought them for $10 bucks, by time it was all said and done it was $25 bucks. Much like the Easton Air boots on HockeyMonkey for 19.99. I would have bought those but they are not my size.

My bad on the price. If the ad did not say they were test bed boots, how would they have come to the public without ever having been mounted. Out of curiosity, where did you think they came from? I understand the money issue. I have it too. I play and I am also supporting my two son's hockey habit. If you want to keep them, you should just skate on them and not bother Justin. He is a very stand up guy and generous beyond necessity. In his professionalism he may respond to you. Personally I would not except to suggest you go pound sand. But that is why I am not in sales and marketing anymore. I used to take this kind of thing to heart.

well, i would hope justin or at least someone in the know would post and let this guy know if his boots are unsafe, thats really all he's asking. he didnt know they were illegal.

My bad on the price. If the ad did not say they were test bed boots, how would they have come to the public without ever having been mounted. Out of curiosity, where did you think they came from? I understand the money issue. I have it too. I play and I am also supporting my two son's hockey habit. If you want to keep them, you should just skate on them and not bother Justin. He is a very stand up guy and generous beyond necessity. In his professionalism he may respond to you. Personally I would not. But that is why I am not in sales and marketing anymore. I used to take this kind of thing to heart.

My bad on the price. If the ad did not say they were test bed boots, how would they have come to the public without ever having been mounted. Out of curiosity, where did you think they came from? I understand the money issue. I have it too. I play and I am also supporting my two son's hockey habit. If you want to keep them, you should just skate on them and not bother Justin. He is a very stand up guy and generous beyond necessity. In his professionalism he may respond to you. Personally I would not except to suggest you go pound sand. But that is why I am not in sales and marketing anymore. I used to take this kind of thing to heart.

Nope about a week ago I shot Justin some PMs with questions about Mission Gear. He answered them all, and I appreciate that. I want my gear to last because I can't afford to be replacing it all the time.

Since I moved to the South and no LHS its hard for me to get all the good info on the gear. Just what the guys have at the rink. I am greatful for MSH and its an added bonus to see some of the manufacturers here as well. Thats really above and beyond service.

As to where the boots came from? I didn't know you couldn't buy just plain boots from Mission... Again I point out the reference to Hockeymonkey and the Easton Air boots, and I have seen boots else where as well.

I know some companies sell some stuff they are overstocked at large discounts to get out from under it. I just assumed that, that is where they came from, honestly I gave it no thought.

I'm not going to bother Justin with them, they aren't his responsibility. I was just trying to help narrow it down by telling when I saw them pop up on ebay. But if the skates are going to blow up, I don't want to be wearing them.

The boots are fine...You can definitely use them...The wear patch on the side is not the actual material and will burn through....These skates were just meant to be used as durability samples...

I am not saying they are stolen, as I have no proof of them being taken from my office...I have thrown skates away in the past, and maybe somebody went trash digging...I guess I need to spray paint samples next time I toss them...

As for the stuff on E-bay, you guys should buy these...You will get a smoking deal...The skates are almost perfect and have only the one issue with the wear patch...

Thanks guys, and you can always IM with your questions...That is what I am here for...

The boots are fine...You can definitely use them...The wear patch on the side is not the actual material and will burn through....These skates were just meant to be used as durability samples...

I am not saying they are stolen, as I have no proof of them being taken from my office...I have thrown skates away in the past, and maybe somebody went trash digging...I guess I need to spray paint samples next time I toss them...

As for the stuff on E-bay, you guys should buy these...You will get a smoking deal...The skates are almost perfect and have only the one issue with the wear patch...

Thanks guys, and you can always IM with your questions...That is what I am here for...

Thanks as always for the response.

Good to get your seal of approval on the skates as well. I don't feel as though I bought something that has a "questionalble" history, puts my mind at ease a little and definately knowing they are safe takes a load off my mind. He has some others but I don't think I can sqeeze in size 8s though ;-).

You really would have thrown those boots out? Heck if you want some extended durabilty testing I'll even do it as long as they aren't spray painted pink ;-)!

As for the stuff on E-bay, you guys should buy these...You will get a smoking deal

I actually thought he might not want us to buy them. w00t!

Heck if you want some extended durabilty testing I'll even do it as long as they aren't spray painted pink ;-)!

Although, that would be interesting...

Nice, large, sharp scissors work best :) Two massive cuts and they are unable to be used