Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eazy_b97

Which NHL game do you prefer?

Which hockey game is your favourite?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There seems to be a few different topics on different NHL games. Just wanted to see which was the most popular and why you prefer it over the others. This year was the first time I went away from the EA series and opted for ESPN. I like ESPN, but don't know if it's an improvement over Ea, just a little different. I would love to play a game kind've like NBA street, but for hockey like "school yard puck" type of thing, but realize it's a little far fetched as hockey games in general don't sell that well. Just thought I'd start a new topic on the differences, pros/cons in the different series rather than sidetracking each NHL game thread.

Before I bought NHL 2004, I rented ESPN. ESPN was good, but it wasn't great. The main reason I purchased NHL 2004 was because of Dynasty mode. Even though it didn't go as smoothly as it should, I have faith that next year's will be much better. I have never played Rivals, but I might pick up '04 in a few months if I can find it cheap so I can play it online. Of course thats if I ever get XBOX live.

I was all about the ESPN, until the dynasty mode in 2004, now it's EA. I was also thinking about the NHL Street type thing, with like crazy dekes and stuff like that, it would be cool if they could pull it off.

whats the difference between the two dynasty modes? I also rented both, simmed a season and found minimal differences. Was there a fantasy draft in EA this year (I forgot)?

EA just seemed to be better, for lack of a better word. In Dynasty mode its much more than just creating lines and simming the season. Theres the whole financial aspect of it. I just thought it was a good start for Dynasty mode, but it could definitely be worked on. ESPN seemed just to be the same type of season mode where nothing carries over from one year to the next.

I liked NHL rivals alot. The pick-up mode on x-box live is what sold me on the game. It is sweet playing 1v1 2v2 and 3v3. Yet, it does lack in the more realistic parts of the game.

I haven't tried the '04 ESPN but could you have created players in their Dynasty? I loved '03 ESPN over NHL 2003 but NHL 2004 redeemed itself somewhat.

Not completely sure but I believe so. You just can't create him during the season. I didn't know this so I just edited one of the players to make him the created player I wanted.

EA is a joke when it comes to hockey games. There's nothing really good about EA except for the Stanley Cup sequence. The gameplay is junk compared to ESPN. ESPN is butter smooth and it should be even better this year. I stopped being an EA sheep when 2K3 came out. I'm SO glad there's an alternative to the bland crap EA offers year after year. I'm really not interested in a game that advertises goalie fights as a big addition. I played 2004 and thought it was an absolute joke.

I agree 100%. They're going downhill.. fast. I honestly don't see how anyone can like the crap EA is putting out. A lot of people need to take off the blinders. There is an alternative. A much, much better alternative.

It takes a lot more than junk gameplay, goalie fights that happen way too often, too many hits, terrible Trax music, and fake goal horns to make me wanna play a hockey game. The franchise mode is just there to take your mind off of how bad the rest of the game really is. The last EA hockey game that I really liked was NHL 98. It's been a pretty terrible franchise ever since.

I agree 100%. They're going downhill.. fast. I honestly don't see how anyone can like the crap EA is putting out. A lot of people need to take off the blinders. There is an alternative. A much, much better alternative.

I liked the old EA games better. I still play 2002. I just like 2004 because the rosters are more up to date and I like the Dynasty mode.