Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blaine11

whats so good about composite sticks?

For me anyways, they seem to last longer. They don't get soft and feel "dead" like a wood stick does after a couple of weeks of usage. A composite stick provides more consistent performance. They are noticably lighter than wood sticks. The one drawback of composites is puck feel but manufacturers are beginning to address that issue and newer high-end composites are starting to rival a good wood stick for puck feel now.

imo a nice 2 piece is much better than the over hyped one pieces. I'm going to pick up a Red Lite Xn10 with a si core z carbon within the next couple of weeks. This combo at roughly 405 grams is lighter than 90% of the one pieces out right now, and will last much longer as it is two separate components.

Let's not get into the great weight debate again. I find a composite blade retains stiffness much longer than a wood blade, meaning I don't have to replace them as often.

Let's not get into the great weight debate again. I find a composite blade retains stiffness much longer than a wood blade, meaning I don't have to replace them as often.

...and 90% of comp blades are stiffer than wood blades to begin with.

chadd, It's all PP, but im someone who loves a super light stick thats not bottom heavy at all. Therefore weight plays a huge role in what stick i'm using.

lol use the "search" button to research before you ask dumb ?¿

LOL, use your brain before making a useless post.

Composite sicks don`t make your shot harder, they allow you to release the puck quicker becasue of the kick of the shaft.

Composite sicks don`t make your shot harder, they allow you to release the puck quicker becasue of the kick of the shaft.

It wasnt useless. He was telling him to search so he doesnt make another useless topic that everyone has talked about for 5 years. That way, maybe he wont make a thread like "Does anyone have a pic of the stealth!!??!"

chadd, It's all PP, but im someone who loves a super light stick thats not bottom heavy at all. Therefore weight plays a huge role in what stick i'm using.

The modano is the only blade that weighs 155 or whatever they claim, the others weigh more. Not to mention the shaft is weighed at a specific length, not full size. Numbers are irrelevant. The key is you're happy with what you have.

The modano is the only blade that weighs 155 or whatever they claim, the others weight more. Not to mention the shaft is weighed at a specific length, not full size. Numbers are irrelevant. The key is you're happy with what you have.

It`s all in your head, if HE thinks the stick weighs 405 grams, then it will feel like 405 grams.

It wasnt useless. He was telling him to search so he doesnt make another useless topic that everyone has talked about for 5 years. That way, maybe he wont make a thread like "Does anyone have a pic of the stealth!!??!"

Yes after someone else already told him to search, he decided that in order to be more effective he must repeat it.

Damnit guys knock it off. If you don't have anything productive to add, don't post. If you do, you'll get some extra time to go out in the nice summer sunshine.

All i know about composite shafts is that they hold there shape better than wood sticks and last longer.

I'm almost certain that you won't go back to wood after you've tried a composite stick. Unless you play in a league with contact/slashing/etc. and break them often, a composite will last you a long, long time. The performance benefits over wood is not even close. I would try a comp. shaft and wood blade until you get used to the weight of a full composite stick though. The difference in feel between comp. and wood will be less of a shock as well...... or you can just dive head first and get that ops you're probably thinking about getting.

Composite sticks have better control over flex than wood. They can bend more than wood without breaking, and you can get softer flexes than wood allows. Since I can't use the stiffer wood sticks, composites perform for me. Also, a batch of 10 composite blades will have practically all the same shape/curve whereas wood generally varies more.