Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wingsfan7777

A basketball game I'll never forget

Last night I had the honor of witnessing one of the most magical senior nights any basketball player could ever have. Matt Kauffman, a team manager for the boys varsity basketball team, has down syndrome, but he came to every game and was the most energetic person you could ever meet. With around 4 minutes left, the student section began to chant "MATTY MATTY MATTY" and "We want matty!," until with 1:30 left he came to the front of the bench. The team called a time out and Matt checked in. After missing two shots, he received the ball again and made the shot. There wasn't a dry eye in the entire arena after that game, it's something I will never forget. I got the last 1:30 on video and here it is:

Heres the news story:

http://www.daytondailynews.com/s/content/o...021807arch.html

Wow. Simply put thats incredible. A moment that all of us should look at and just be thankful for all of the lives we lead. Just amazing and touching that they let him in to get the playing time he always wished of, and by the sound and looks of it deserved. Great vid and great post!

Southern Ohio a Wings fan? Booo...

I'm kidding. They showed that on the local news here in Columbus and I think I saw it on ESPN. Great story, what a kid. There's also the story of the kid (from last season) who played football with no legs. Makes you really thank God for what you have, personally and within family.

It's absolutely incredible to hear stories that are like this. They really touch you deep down. I watched the follow-up story ESPN did on J-Mac a few days ago and it almost brought a tear to my eye. It's incredible.