Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vapor

SyNergy Project

Alright, so I am home sick from school, so naturally, I get bored. I got my commander shaft in the mail yesterday, and needed a blade. I have a GI kovalev blade, but I dont really care for it much, so I saw an old syNergy lying around, sakic curve. It had Ztack on it. So I cut the shaft off, completley, then I stuck a rod downt he shaft, to find the top of the tendon, and cut a little bit more. Now I plan on sanding the composite material and paint off the side of the tendon, and having a blade I can insert in a shaft. Now, if I remember correctly, the blade is tappered, right? Because I also have a flyweight in need of a tapered blade. So what I was wondering is, because I am not 100%, will this be a tappered or standard blade in the end?

Alright, so I am home sick from school, so naturally, I get bored. I got my commander shaft in the mail yesterday, and needed a blade. I have a GI kovalev blade, but I dont really care for it much, so I saw an old syNergy lying around, sakic curve. It had Ztack on it. So I cut the shaft off, completley, then I stuck a rod downt he shaft, to find the top of the tendon, and cut a little bit more. Now I plan on sanding the composite material and paint off the side of the tendon, and having a blade I can insert in a shaft. Now, if I remember correctly, the blade is tappered, right? Because I also have a flyweight in need of a tapered blade. So what I was wondering is, because I am not 100%, will this be a tappered or standard blade in the end?

tapered.

If you sand down the whole outer wall, then it will be tapered.

What if I just sanded enough of it, so it fit into a standard shaft... do you think that if i put that in a standard shaft, it would be sturdy, or it would just be crap?

Why dont you just chip away the graphite and cement around it to get the blade out? If you do eventually get this out, can you post pictures please? This sounds like a pretty cool idea.

Take a chisel and stick it between the bladed tennon and sahft and then take a hammer and it will seperate the two. Thats what I did and it worked pretty good.

Take a chisel and stick it between the bladed tennon and sahft and then take a hammer and it will seperate the two. Thats what I did and it worked pretty good.

I tried that, just went into the tendon, and made some holes. I got most of the graphite off, Im going to do the rest today, and just use it as a tapered blade