Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Webster

My New Smith 5000s

For Those who use the GSBB you may have seen this but for the ones who have not here you go :D

Got my 5000 in today and very excited to use them tonight :D

Am I the 1st person in europe with 5000s?

Anyway Here are some pics

But loads more Here

http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u53/Websterisback/

P2270003.jpg

P2270024.jpg

The Pads Are So light and very well made.

Sorry for the size of the pictures :o

If you have any questions I'll try my best to answer them.

The calf wedge is nice, but if your talking about the "outside wedge" it really doesnt feel like its there

Then why IS it there?

To prevent squeaker goals from the side going in behind your knee when you are hugging the post...this was the best representation I could come up with quickly.

outerwedge.jpg

Great idea. I know it would have stopped many goals on me.... :P

sweet pads how much did you pay for the set, and where do you get them is it direct from Smiths

yea they sell em right to you, a full set would be about 875 for pads 255 for aa catch and 185 for a blocker, i dont feel like adding it up, but custom sizing and colors are free

any other pads have that outer wedge?

It's another Pete Smith original idea (like the sliding toe bridge and many others...) Currently no other company offers it and I'm sure it is not league legal, although if there is enough demand you know the others will likely copy it somewhere down the road.

I'm not sure what happened to your post that I quoted although I suspect a mod may have taken it down for the "nothing new to add" rule...may have been some overly aggressive moderating??? Hopefully your question was answered though.

sweet pads how much did you pay for the set, and where do you get them is it direct from Smiths

yeah I got them direct from smiths and i paid £800 inc shipping for everything.