Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OhMyGodImOnFire

Goalie mask

Switching from roller to ice, I figured I'd need a much better mask than my franklin one. Taking a shot to the head with a roller puck makes me have about 2-5 seconds of hearing loss, and I can really feel it too. If I took a shot with an ice puck I'd probably die.

Also, since I've had my mask for about 2 years now, and it's really falling apart. So, after the great reviews you gave it, I decided to get the Olie MA2000. According to this sizing chart, I'm a Jr. Large. 21 1/2 inches. But I guess I should get an Adult Small, because for this money, I don't want to grow out of it right away. Will it be too big? or will tightening it all the way help a little bit?

As a side note, if I had a LHS that stocked goalie stuff I'd try masks on, but the only goalie thing they stock is the XXX skate :(

I'm sure you'll be fine in an adult small. There is a lot of adjustment in the Olie masks. Additionally you can get sheet foam from your local hockey store to customize the fit should you need to.

The MA2000 series is a great choice for the money, I'm sure you'll be happy with your decision.

In my opinion the best bang for your buck would be a NXI phantom. The foam is changeable but the shell is one size only.