Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissConduct

Niagara Falls Hockey Tournament

Stamford/Jack Bell Arena...about five minutes (maximum) over the Rainbow Bridge.

If any of you guys ever come back out this way, drop me a line or give me a call (I believe I gave Michelle my number when we were finalizing everything beforehand).

As for you, Cobra - we still haven't gotten out to Open Hockey, buddy.

As for you, Cobra - we still haven't gotten out to Open Hockey, buddy.

I know, i know :unsure:

Im playing open hockey at noon, at Pepsi tomorrow though.

Ah, I've got a final to take and then another to cram for right after that. I'da skipped class any other Monday (besides next, when I have another exam in the morning)...lol. This tournament took away from my study time this weekend...gotta have priorities, right?

Maybe later this week though, eh?

Ah, I've got a final to take and then another to cram for right after that. I'da skipped class any other Monday (besides next, when I have another exam in the morning)...lol. This tournament took away from my study time this weekend...gotta have priorities, right?

Maybe later this week though, eh?

Yeah exams are killer, understandable. We should definitely try later this week though. Keep me updated.

The way that guy went down, I thought Jay killed him. I'm not sure I've ever seen a guy get his gloves off that quick, nor have I seen a single shot that lethal since Boogaard/Fedoruk. That poor bastard's forehead must've been one big bruise this morning.

We need video.

they are sending the dvd through the mail *eye roll* .. was fun playing hockey but the tourny was POORLY run, everything in the brochure was barely at the actual tourny,

free gift bag for every player = a bag of HALF sized Gatorade bottles

music when time stops = no music

free Gatorade all tourny = a half tub of orange piss that was empty most of the time

2 dinners = hooters SELECTIVE menu.. come on there food sucks as it is :P

team photo = no team photo...

and some other crap. but like i said it was fun playing hockey, and getting the MVP award the second game (even tho i'm pretty sure Ben deserved it that game..lol) anyways it was a blast drinkin' etc with you guys, Rob is one funny guy.. lol that line ""THATS HOW WE DO IT IN BUFFALO!" will be remembered forever! hahaha.. ben nice meetin' ya finally ;)

so ya when we get the DVD we will be puttin' that fight on youtube for sure, LOL! we gotta make other dvd's for the rest.. so sit tight ;)

<3

yes as mich said we had tons of fun because of the group we had, but i'd suggest to anyone to try a different tourney organizer, as i was not impressed with this one for the amount of money we paid!

rob, were gunna have to find a tourney on the east coast somewhere and ill bring some of my windsor boys up to cause a rukus! once you meet them theres no way you'll stay a non-drinker! hahah

they are sending the dvd through the mail *eye roll* .. was fun playing hockey but the tourny was POORLY run, everything in the brochure was barely at the actual tourny,

free Gatorade all tourny = a half tub of orange piss that was empty most of the time

Sounds like our experience in a tournament there a few years ago. The rink was a dump.

Sounds like our experience in a tournament there a few years ago. The rink was a dump.

yea rink was shitty

Yeah, the first two games were played on a fucking mini-rink with quite possibly the worst artificial ice surface EVER. The last two games were played in a rink with tiny-ass dressing rooms with a 1/2" of water covering the floors and boards with all kinds of weird bounces to 'em.

...the Hooter Girls were pretty brutal, too.

so ya when we get the DVD we will be puttin' that fight on youtube for sure, LOL!

Did they square up and drop them or just a scrum?

jay just dropped 'em, the guy didnt know what was coming to him, and mine some oldder guy told me to drop the gloves and as soon as i threw the first punch he turtled, it was pathetic

I'm starting to think you guys enjoyed that quote more than I did...lol.

What I did after that goal was actually much milder than what I had told Michelle I was planning on doing :ph34r: I decided I wanted to stay in the game :rolleyes: Besides, I don't think my girlfriend would have been happy with me had I exposed myself in public.

As for the fight: Well, Jay dropped his...I'm not sure the other guy really had time to react accordingly. That's what you get when you fuck with a former ECHL tough-guy, I guess.

some older guy told me to drop the gloves and as soon as i threw the first punch he turtled, it was pathetic

LOL....sounds like you had a good time ;) Was that the Detroit guys?

lol rob, u should have pulled a page from the slapshot movie and skated around the ice in your jock!

yes "bheidepr" it was the team from detroit we were playing when all this happened

lol rob, u should have pulled a page from the slapshot movie and skated around the ice in your jock!

No way. Those guys from Detroit had a weird look in their eyes even while I was wearing all my stuff. They probably would have tried something gross if I showed a little skin.

I am still unsure of what riled them up so much. Clearly after the hot dogging, but before that they were just going crazy over nothing.

I am still unsure of what riled them up so much. Clearly after the hot dogging, but before that they were just going crazy over nothing.

They were from Detroit. C'mon - haven't you ever seen "8 Mile"?

Calling them retarded would be an insult to challenged individuals everywhere. They were being obnoxious right from the beginning...then I scored, grabbed my crotch and yelled "suck my dick" and it was all over after that...lol.

Damn all that cool stuff for an adult am league??? Im moving to canada! Gives people of lesser skill a small taste of the bigger leagues! free gatorade and dvds?! I dont know sounds like a blast to me and you get something to remember it by. Get that amazing move on DVD!

oh yea anyone mind ripping a dvd and sending it to me?

Id like to see some of this. Sometimes amateur hockey can be some of the best!

LOL. You made this tournament sound like it was glamorous or something. The rink was shitty, the video quality of the DVDs blew, I don't think I sipped Gatorade once the entire weekend, the Hooter Girls were ugly (and, I'm told, sucked at the tap). There were definitely a few other issues, I just don't have enough time to go through them all. Honestly, as far as as the experience of the tournament itself is concerned, it wasn't really worth it.

The only reason I had as much fun as I did was the fact that the people I was playing with were awesome...on and off the ice. They're the ones who made all the money and the driving and the hassle at the border worth it for me. I didn't stop laughing over the course of the two days...someone was always cracking a joke. Finally getting the opportunity to meet a few MSHers (after how many years of this forum/Corebeam/EMB???) was absolutely great - they are exceptional people who just happen to be damn good at the game of hockey. They were so cool about everything from the very first second I met them. It's a shame we live so far away, because I would definitely enjoy getting together and just shootin' the shit on a semi-regular basis.