Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles919

Warrior Kronik

Come on, let it go...LOL

I don't have a problem with the fact that Al might not be the most well spoken athlete out there. I have a problem with the content of his sales pitch.

The other day at my LHS i was shooting pucks with the manager who let me try the kronik behind the shop on a synthetic ice mini rink thing. And he was telling me stuff about it and one thing he said which i haven't heard before is he compared it to a cavity back golf club and said how cavity back golf clubs are a lot more forgiving than the other kind (lol i forgot what the not cavity back ones are called) and that is what the spyne technology thing is like. I'm not much of a golfer so I don't know about the cavity back technology but is this true that it might help the blade?

Cavity-back irons (as opposed to "blades"), work on the principal of weight distribution within/around the clubhead. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the "Spyne technology" of the Kronik doesn't accomplish this at all.

I had no idea what Al was talking about with the "increased surface area" of the blade w/ spyne. It looked like normal blade dimensions to me... :ph34r:

Someone elaborate what he might've meant?

the ridges (or spynes) add surface area because you get the sidewalls of the ridges as well as the face. supposedly, this will reduce the blade from bending and flexing as other blades tend to do. personally, i think it's a big gimmick.

I do think that it does do is job beyond being a gimmick, but the feel is terrible due to it, its like the opposite of having a wood blade. The benefit to me seems to be a very accurate snap shot. the feel is hurt significantly though

the ridges (or spynes) add surface area because you get the sidewalls of the ridges as well as the face. supposedly, this will reduce the blade from bending and flexing as other blades tend to do. personally, i think it's a big gimmick.

If it's done correctly it can add to retaining stiffness in the blade, but I find that warrior's blades aren't extremely stiff to begin with.

If it's done correctly it can add to retaining stiffness in the blade, but I find that warrior's blades aren't extremely stiff to begin with.

No inner structure will do that. Ever dissect an Inno blade? Try it sometime.

Al's good peoples, probably the only one over there that doesn't hate me.

He's very intimidating, but a nice guy. At the Warrior Barber Shop one of our guys just decided to shave his head and have it signed by Al. Haha he signed it "Al I- 107.5"

No inner structure will do that. Ever dissect an Inno blade? Try it sometime.

That's why I said "If it's done correctly" ;)

I'm not sure if ANY current blade uses material that will benefit from a design like that but if the right materials are used it can work.

He's very intimidating, but a nice guy. At the Warrior Barber Shop one of our guys just decided to shave his head and have it signed by Al. Haha he signed it "Al I- 107.5"

107.5?

Surely you mean 105.2.

107.5?

Surely you mean 105.2.

Surely I do, thanks JR. It was late and I couldnt get the numbers right. Sieve me.