Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kovalchuk71

Adobe PDF Help

Hey guys, I can view pdf files, but how can I physically type on them? I have one I want to fill out for an employment opportunity. Im useing Adobe Reader

Some Adobe forms are editable but it depends on whether the people that provide it to you enable that feature or not. For example some forms you would download from the government are editable. You'll know if it is or not pretty easily since it should say right on the form or the webpage you download from.

Otherwise if you're just using the free version (Reader) you won't be able to actually type in the document, you will have to print it out. You'd have to buy the full version to edit and write in a document.

If you have the Adobe Acrobat (not Acrobat Reader, the full version of the programe) then you should be able to edit it with no problems.

This may be more involved than you want to deal with but if you have a scanner (like one of those combo printer/scanners) you should have OCR software that came with it.

You can print the form, scan it, and the OCR software should import it into MS Word where you can enter data.

i think the new version allows you to type ans save them

The new version of reader will allow you to save information that you typed in a form. However that only works if the PDF file was created to allow the user to edit (an example is an IRS tax form). Most PDF files don't allow you to enter text in them.