Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Fuel 120 AG Initial Thoughts

Do you know your runner length offhand?

Depends on your skate size

Is the toe box as comfortable as the One90?

Depends on your foot shape

Do the 120's run true to size?

To shoe size, '06 Mission skate size or some other standard?

If Mission put more stress on specs rather than a flash wow-me website I wouldn't make a pain of myself by asking so many questions here. Not sure what a standard mission toe-box feels like but since I know you've skated One90's do Mission's match up in fit? Any mention on weight? More or less than the One90's? Thanks for your patience.

It is a standard width toebox. It is not as tall and ergonomic as the ONE90 toecap.

It is a heavier skate. That is a given. Keep in mind that my ONE90s were custom, so they do not fit like a retail boot. THese are just custom in length.

Thanks JR. That just about does it for me. I'm excited about skating the 120's. I think they are the most anatomically correct looking skate on the market. The One90 looks cleaner but I wasn't a fan of all the padding they used which actually made the skate feel bulkier than necessary. The One90 did have the best toe-box I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing. But still looking for more flexibility than the One90 and I hope the 120's are the ticket. More weight isn't a factor. Tried the S15's last weekend and they skated like bricks. Will bug my lhs from here...thanks again.

Thought I'd add an update. Spoke with Mission Montreal today. CS is excellent. Confirmed, Mission does not ship blank boots nor will they custom any holder other than what ships on the boot i.e., Pitch 3. Any change in holder will void the warranty. Confirmed 120's are made in Canada. I was told a size 7.5-8 ships with a 263mm runner. Too short for my tastes. Asked if a 272mm would fit and rep said no. Rethinking my 120 AG interest.

Perhaps an oversight by the cs rep but that's what I was told. What does the point of origin label that's stitched in your boot say?

I was told a size 7.5-8 ships with a 263mm runner. Too short for my tastes. Asked if a 272mm would fit and rep said no. Rethinking my 120 AG interest.

Um - what are you comparing them to? Mission skates have different sizing.

I have 10.5 ONE90s with a 296 holder. I have 12 120s with a 296 holder. Do the math.

Mission cs rep said a 272mm Pitch 3 holder will not fit on a Mission 120 ag size 7.5 or 8. If 120's aren't made in Canada then where are they manufactured?

Seriously - why don't you get it? Just different nomenclature. A Mission 9 takes a 272mm holder, but they fit and are the same length as another manufacturer's 8.

One of my employees was looking at Mission skates and trying to compare them to another brand for her friend. I told her "Millimeters don't lie." That will never change, regardless of the boot size. I know I can wear any skate that is on the lowest rung of a 296 mm holder.

Mission skates are made in China. Have been for years and years.

Do the 120's run true to size?

To shoe size, '06 Mission skate size or some other standard?

The Mission cs rep told me their boots run true to shoe size -- appears Chadd agrees. If the 120 fits on a 272 I'll probably buy them, if not, I'll pass.

For the last time, the skate that will accommodate a 272mm holder will be a 9. You're hijacking my thread.

That was understood before I posted to your thread (mission rep gave me the numbers) and I had no intent on hijacking it. I'm curious to know how it is that you've convinced yourself that my foot will fit a size 9 Mission to my satisfaction?

I fail to see where JR, or anyone for that matter, said anything about your foot fitting in a size 9 mission skate. JR said, as you quoted that

the skate that will accommodate a 272mm holder will be a 9

That comment clearly has nothing to do with the size of your foot.

Previously, JR commented that

A Mission 9 takes a 272mm holder, but they fit and are the same length as another manufacturer's 8.

This AGAIN does NOT state that you will fit in a size 9 mission skate.

I don't see where the misunderstanding is coming from, maybe you're misreading what was written? I don't know.