Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Fuel 120 AG Initial Thoughts

For the last time, the skate that will accommodate a 272mm holder will be a 9. You're hijacking my thread.

That was understood before I posted to your thread (mission rep gave me the numbers) and I had no intent on hijacking it. I'm curious to know how it is that you've convinced yourself that my foot will fit a size 9 Mission to my satisfaction?

Because if you are wearing a skate with a 272mm holder, then the size 9 in a Mission will fit. mm don't lie.

Do the 120's run true to size?

To shoe size, '06 Mission skate size or some other standard?

The Mission cs rep told me their boots run true to shoe size -- appears Chadd agrees. If the 120 fits on a 272 I'll probably buy them, if not, I'll pass.

How does what Chadd asked equal agreement? You confused him with your question.

shouldnt you just go to the LHS to try them out rather than speculate?

Back to the thread!... I'd like to see some more info on the 120's JR. Tell us more as you get on them more often.

Are they as stiff as the S500's?

shouldnt you just go to the LHS to try them out rather than speculate?

Back to the thread!... I'd like to see some more info on the 120's JR. Tell us more as you get on them more often.

Are they as stiff as the S500's?

Weird, the S500's I have are one of the most flexible boots I've ever owned. Much more so than my Pure Fly's which took forever to break in and right out of the box they feel like an old pair of sneakers compared to some of the new stuff coming out like the One90's, Vapor's, etc.

Sorry to digress, I just never thought of Mission's 'S' line as being stiff.

You got that right. I never expected ice hockey boots to be that flexible. I have to keep retightening the skates almost every shift.

Ok, here's the confusion. I've always upsized my holders on all my boots since youth hockey. Because I've been able to fit a larger holder on a smaller boot in the past doesn't mean my foot is a 272. It's a skating style preference only. Mission said it can't be done in this instance. I've mentioned at least twice that I will fit test them at my lhs to remove any speculation. I'm hoping a size 9 fits but the Mission rep said unlikely. At this point in the thread I'm only interested in reading JR's game play comments on the 120. I see a lot of promise in the fuel line but please return the thread to JR's original post. Thank you. Apologies for the digression.

Well, then, when you only tell half of the story...you're bound to come into situations like this.

What size boot do you want? Are we talking you just go the next holder size up? There shouldn't be a problem doing that - the CS rep probably did not understand your question, or has never riveted a skate in his life.

Hello there JR, i would like to know what you thoughts are on these skates in: Break in time, Stiffness, Overall fit, width and weight compared to the ONe90's since you have skated in both? and thanks a bunch.

Back in this skate -

Skated today after the rebake I had to do. It did help out the aforementioned problems.

They are getting to feel like my S500s, which is a very good thing. I'll skate in these all week. Keep in mind since I am doing two reviews it's going to take longer than usual for break-in.

Looking forward to your further review on the AGs.

We have a couple of instructors in XP120s right now. Good feedback so far. One did take off the Pitch3 in favor of a Tuuk...

Should have a few people in AG120s next week when they come in.

so what's the verdict on these? Or are we still waiting one?

I looked at a pair today at my local sharpener's shop... he just got them, and he's mounting holders and runners on a pair for Brian Rafalski. (Plain boot, no holders, or holes drilled yet... ) It's a really nice boot, same size as me too, only in D width...but the boot looked really wide.

*edited* My custom question was answered already...

sorry to get off topic but i didn't want to make a new thread, would the AG or XP model be closer to the easton synergy fit? I'm coming off synergy 900s and i really like that fit...

sorry to get off topic but i didn't want to make a new thread, would the AG or XP model be closer to the easton synergy fit? I'm coming off synergy 900s and i really like that fit...

In terms of stiffness, XP. In terms of foot shape, neither one.

appreciate the thread, as i am looking to purchase either these, or kor shift 1s.

I decided to try something that was working for me with the S15. I get a lot of foot pain, even with my Superfeet insoles. When I skated the S15 for the first time, I left the Easton insole in with the internal heel lift. I didn't have as much pain as I had with the 120s. So, I decided to skate with the 120s with the Easton insole.

The skates felt much better arch-wise, but since my heel was elevated, my ankle bones were in a different spot in the skate.

The skates other than that are doing great - the tongues are shifting a bit once I skate in them. What I'm going to do now is take some plastic and shape out a lift, then rivet it into the skate then use whatever insole I want to use (the Easton insole is a tad bit short for the 120s.

Just curious about your foot pain. Is it overall, arch or in the ankle?

I didn't feel any pain this week while in the 120AG with a stock footbed. Pretty comfy. Had some considerable on ice adjustment coming from NBH skates though. Pretty different when you hit the ice, LOL. The previous week(6/4-6/8)while skating the 120XP I had considerable ankle pain/rub from the get go.

The bottoms of my feet. It pretty much happens to me with every skate

Just curious if you have ever tried a custom footbed ? If so, any relief ?

Quick question JR, what width are you in NikeBauer? I'm a 8.5 EE in some supreme 50s but I'm thinking about picking these up. Would that make me a 10 Wide in the 120s?