Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Fuel 120 AG Initial Thoughts

JR you mentioned you weren't real fond of the tongue, on the first page. Do the 120s' have the neoprene running halfway back along the tongue down to the bottom of the boot? I have these in the 110s' and find it to be an annoying feature. Every manufacturer touts Clarino as the skate lining of choice, then Mission covers it with sweat and odor retaining neoprene. The worst part is that now it is starting to curl, twist, stretch at the back edge (especialy where it meets the sole of the skate) from my foot being slid into the boot. I see problems in my future in this area.

edit: the 110 xps'

I don't know the main technical differences, but it's fair to say the 100AG will be less stiff, have less forward flex, and possibly heavier or less protective than it's higher end counterpart. Again, I'm just clutching at straws since the catalog I've downloaded is blurry.

JR all felt tongue would be nice. My 110XPs' have a sort of neoprene sock on the front half of the tongue. It keeps the tongue from twisting but opens up other problems.

JR all felt tongue would be nice. My 110XPs' have a sort of neoprene sock on the front half of the tongue. It keeps the tongue from twisting but opens up other problems.

The tongue was one of the big three problem areas with the 110. It's amazing how they went from one of the most comfortable tongues I've ever used (S500) to that thing on the 110.

The AGs are supposed to be soft in the ankles and stiffer in the forefoot, allowing for greater forward flex and an extended stride. Mission's XPs are the stiffer boot.

I'm not really to educated on the subject, but I have been using AG 110s and can say that I have become a smoother skater because of them (coming from V-12s and 8090s). You'll be able to find more info searching though, I recall JR explaining Mission's "Supplefit" concept a few times in older threads.

Bummer just saw your review, I take it these are not made for guys with overall narrow feet. Narrow heal, high arch... here look at my feet

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...p;hl=cinderella

would you say give em a shot or just forget about it :o i read the AG line fits narrower than the XP line but your foot description makes me doubt that unless the regular sizings are much narrower

Bummer just saw your review, I take it these are not made for guys with overall narrow feet. Narrow heal, high arch... here look at my feet

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...p;hl=cinderella

would you say give em a shot or just forget about it :o i read the AG line fits narrower than the XP line but your foot description makes me doubt that unless the regular sizings are much narrower

aawwwwwww DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!