Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BluXington

HockeyMonkey.com

Hi, I live in B.C. Canada, and around where I live there are no stores that sell the equipment I want at the prices I want ( You must all be thinking, Canada?, no place to buy Hockey Equipment? wtf? :huh: ) so with my only other option being driving 8 hours down to Vancouver I started looking online and what do you know, the only online hockey stores with decent prices are all in the US, ( again thats another WTF? :huh: )

I have already bought from IceWearhouse.com, I had a great experience ordering from them but HockeyMonkey.com currently has some great deals on Sticks and I am simply wondering if any of you have had experience ordering from them.

I don't need to worry about shipping into Canada as I simply get it shipped to the US side of the border ( there is a gas station/post office just 15 minutes from our side of the border ).

Thank you for any info you all may have with them.

I've ordered a stick around Christmas time from them. They were great to deal with. No problems at all with the shipping. Also, i just ordered some skates from them a couple days ago. So far no problems.

I'd love to order from them as well too, but what kind of customs/duties charges should I expect for them to ship to Vancouver, Canada?

Hi, I live in B.C. Canada, and around where I live there are no stores that sell the equipment I want at the prices I want ( You must all be thinking, Canada?, no place to buy Hockey Equipment? wtf? :huh: ) so with my only other option being driving 8 hours down to Vancouver I started looking online and what do you know, the only online hockey stores with decent prices are all in the US, ( again thats another WTF? :huh: )

I have already bought from IceWearhouse.com, I had a great experience ordering from them but HockeyMonkey.com currently has some great deals on Sticks and I am simply wondering if any of you have had experience ordering from them.

I don't need to worry about shipping into Canada as I simply get it shipped to the US side of the border ( there is a gas station/post office just 15 minutes from our side of the border ).

Where do you live? Prince George? Fort St. John?

probably placed about 4-5 orders with them. no problems except once they didnt get me the item before they said they would.

I would order from them without reservation.

I'd love to order from them as well too, but what kind of customs/duties charges should I expect for them to ship to Vancouver, Canada?

I live in the Kotenay area, Castlegar to be precise ( In between Nelson/Trail ). Closest place with bigger stores is Kelowna and good luck getting my parents to drive me 4 hours to simply browse ( and the prices are horrible in Canada compared to the states ) .

I am not sure about Duty, last time I brought hockey equipment across the border it was only 100$ ( visor and some tape ) and they only charged the usual taxes.

I have ordered from Hockey World, Hockey Giant and Hockey Monkey and always had great service. The only thing that ever bumbed me out about Hockey Monkey is that they don't always have all of items they have listed on their web site especially if its on sale.

Rick Henry

I've ordered from Goalie Monkey, and had no problems at all. I found they had an excellent selection of goalie stuff. They had nhl colors, but only because they custom ordered the nhl colors beforehand.

I live in the Kotenay area, Castlegar to be precise ( In between Nelson/Trail ). Closest place with bigger stores is Kelowna and good luck getting my parents to drive me 4 hours to simply browse ( and the prices are horrible in Canada compared to the states ) .

I am not sure about Duty, last time I brought hockey equipment across the border it was only 100$ ( visor and some tape ) and they only charged the usual taxes.

There's a Source For Sports in Castlegar

The only thing that ever bumbed me out about Hockey Monkey is that they don't always have all of items they have listed on their web site especially if its on sale.

More often than not they haven't had what I ordered.

I would be stupid to buy stuff from them, 200$ for a RBK 8k? I don't think so batman, IceWearhouse has them for 130$, even with exchange thats only like 148$ Canadian before Tax.

300$ for a Warrior Dolomite?, Not when HockeyMonkey has them on clearance for 119$, or about 138$ Canadian before Tax.

There selection also sucks, no RBK gloves, only the Bauer one90's few lower end Eastons and a bunch of other overpriced random uncomfortable gloves.

I remember about a year ago I was looking at a pair of Bauer XXX gloves there and they where 300$ :huh: , I don't know what Canadian retailers are smoking to think people will buy at those prices but I sure want some.

I would be stupid to buy stuff from them, 200$ for a RBK 8k? I don't think so batman, IceWearhouse has them for 130$, even with exchange thats only like 148$ Canadian before Tax.

300$ for a Warrior Dolomite?, Not when HockeyMonkey has them on clearance for 119$, or about 138$ Canadian before Tax.

There selection also sucks, no RBK gloves, only the Bauer one90's few lower end Eastons and a bunch of other overpriced random uncomfortable gloves.

I remember about a year ago I was looking at a pair of Bauer XXX gloves there and they where 300$ :ph34r: , I don't know what Canadian retailers are smoking to think people will buy at those prices but I sure want some.

Hey, relax. I was just suggesting them cause you didn't mention them and didn't mention that they were really expensive. Try ordering from thehockeyshop.com in Surrey?

I would never order from them. Have you noticed that they charge a shipping and handling charge? I think it's B.S. that they want to charge over $10 to deliver something. Just my 2 cents.

I remember about a year ago I was looking at a pair of Bauer XXX gloves there and they where 300$ :ph34r: , I don't know what Canadian retailers are smoking to think people will buy at those prices but I sure want some.

Hey, relax. I was just suggesting them cause you didn't mention them and didn't mention that they were really expensive. Try ordering from thehockeyshop.com in Surrey?

Sorry if It came across like I was attacking you, but it was more of a simple rant at how crazy the prices are around here.

You would think Canada of all places would have good prices on hockey equipment ( and yes bigger chains like SportCheck do have some good prices, but allot of time its only because they are selling of last years models or its pro stock they want to get rid of ) .

Thanks for suggesting thehockeyshop.com , those prices are a little bit more reasonable, but I can still get stuff from the states for better prices, only problem is not having any experience buying from places like HockeyMonkey.com makes me a bit nervous.

Mack, I know you said to make it short, but could you expand just a little bit on why you don't think they are a reputable site?.

I would never order from them. Have you noticed that they charge a shipping and handling charge? I think it's B.S. that they want to charge over $10 to deliver something. Just my 2 cents.

Yah the 4.99$ Charge on items like Sticks seems stupid, but when they are selling off Bauer XXX lite Sticks for 99.98$ It would be rather easy to just take the charge, they only charge one handling fee thankfully, and I would order enough to get free shipping ( if I do order from them ) so It would be like playing a small shipping fee in essence.

for the most part they are ok at best.

They have good deals but also charge a lot for shipping out of the states and their free shipping still includes a handling fee. Their customer service is better than hockeygiant's but only if you ask for a manager. The girl(s) that normally answer the phone are unknowledgeable about ANYTHING and can be rude. I'd much rather order from epuck, eastwesthockey or even totalhockey but if I can't get it there and I HAVE to buy online then hockeymonkey and icewarehouse are next on my list.

#1 on my list is easy, buy from your LHS.

for the most part they are ok at best.

They have good deals but also charge a lot for shipping out of the states and their free shipping still includes a handling fee. Their customer service is better than hockeygiant's but only if you ask for a manager. The girl(s) that normally answer the phone are unknowledgeable about ANYTHING and can be rude. I'd much rather order from epuck, eastwesthockey or even totalhockey but if I can't get it there and I HAVE to buy online then hockeymonkey and icewarehouse are next on my list.

#1 on my list is easy, buy from your LHS.

I would be more than happy to buy from my LHS if they had reasonable prices and better selections, but they don't :( .

Is there a reason why you don't like ordering from IceWearhouse?, I personally have had no problems with them so far, and for the most part the offer good prices.

I have no issue with them since I haven't ordered from them. I would rather order with a retailer that I've used before over one that I haven't. I should have made that clear, sorry.

My favorites are EWH and epuck, although EWH is my favorite.

hockey.lax is pretty good too, although I'm kind of suspicious that they might be selling a lot of retail "seconds." I believe I was the first to question them and a few others have also questioned them recently. My 692 showed up with a couple scuffs and my v120c had a lot of grip already peeling and it broke pretty quick and on a FREAKING backhand!

I have no issue with them since I haven't ordered from them. I would rather order with a retailer that I've used before over one that I haven't. I should have made that clear, sorry.

hockey.lax is pretty good too, although I'm kind of suspicious that they might be selling a lot of retail "seconds." I believe I was the first to question them and a few others have also questioned them recently. My 692 showed up with a couple scuffs and my v120c had a lot of grip already peeling and it broke pretty quick and on a FREAKING backhand!

Ah thanks for clearing that up.

Have you actually had problems with HockeyMonkey?, or is it simply there stupid shipping charges and there inept reps that turn you off of them?.

If I had extra money to waste I would simply order up the sticks I want to get from HockeyMonkey without a second though, but I am still in school ( last year coming up thankfully ), work only about a day a week for 8$ an hour and I have to buy all my own equipment as I only play Lunch hour and 1 game a week with friends so to my parents things like putting good food in front of me is more of a priority :lol: .

Oh and sorry to hear about the stick I know how it feels to buy something and find out you wasted your money because it doesn't work as you expected or its past the warranty.

Or like with sticks once you use it once you can't return and you just happen to have decided to try a new curve and you find out you hate the curve, last winter I needed a stick so I picked up a RBK 4k Dastyuk Curve for like 80$and ended up hatting the curve, I now have a very expensive Road hockey Shaft B) )

Not any REAL problems... nothing more than mentioned on here. If you have ANY problem ask for a manager, don't waste your time with the person that answers the phone. Their shipping takes a bit longer than most, even from california.

Believe me I know, I'm still in school and work part time for not enough money. And don't worry about the stick, THC honored the warranty and I got a new 8.0 in the mail.

I think my main issue with hockeymonkey is that it's just a larger store and when you deal with them they it feels like you're just being taken care of to shut you up instead of them trying to make you happy. I've gotten pms from some shop owners(when they were allowed to post here) just to make sure I was happy with my purchase and to thank me for buying from them and even letting me know to NOT order a product that they have just because it's "crap" and that I'd be happier with another product... EVEN when they knew that if I bought that other product I wouldn't be buying from them.

I ordered a girdle, socks, and a shell from them and had no problems... I spent over $150, so I got free shipping. My only issue was like someone else mentioned, they told me my order would be here on a Tuesday, and it didn't show until Friday.

Another time, I ordered a composite shaft and blade... and they did add additional shipping fees because it was "oversized"... the box sure was, but not the item itself.

I'm pretty sure this topic has been covered before under best online retailer and could have been found using the search button.

I have 2 horror experiences listed there. 1st was for CCM skates that busted at frame to boot mid game. Frame split from the boot clear manafacturing defect. CCM and Monkey called. Monkey said have skates sent to us, no problem overnight, 3 MONTHS LATER and about a dozen calls to CCM and Monkey, it turns out that only CCM could give Monkey the new skates pending arrival of my busted skates. Guess what Monkey never sent CCM anything. Manager gets on and tells me old CS girl was known not to send and do what she was supposed to, was fired, and new girl is so much better, here have some new skates.....sorry 3 MONTHS NO SKATES

2nd ordered some roller pants at $59 next day down to $39 call ask for the difference...sorry sir there is nothing we can do. It was less than 24 hrs when the price dropped. I said at least the person taking my order over the phone could have said why not just wait sir? Answer from CS:that is the perogative of the person taking your order......

I wil never EVER order from the Monkey again. Damon, Kevin etc...at Epuck are my trusted online realtor if I don't go LHS

I've used them a few times, but now only as a last resort. And if I need it by a certain date I have to order it 10 days early. They have always been very slow with shipping and pretty much rape you on shipping costs.

Trying to return something was a nightmare.

I prefer totalhockey.net. Free shipping over $100 and comes rather quickly.

Just an FYI: I know Kevin at ePuck pretty well (he's the one that's been running the show there for quite a few years). The guy that owns the joint is looking to get out, so ePuck may be no more. Kevin is in the process of starting something new, so at least we can still have A+++++ service and great selection with Kevin's new venture.