Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin 1933

2008 Mission Product

well when they punched my skate they heated up the spot that bothered me, which i had marked off with a small dot (marker) and for lack of better words used a clamp which indented the pressure point lol. Maybe someone can explain it better but it was the first time i ever had it done.

anybody have any feedback on the new mission thorax advantage girdle. I also noticed last years model as well which looks pretty nice. I have the D1 girdle and I am looking to upgrade. I have been happy with the mission girdles. thanks.

I am also looking into this. Justin said the upgrades over last years model is the protection padding is more protective and all the materials are lighter and a tighter fitting girdle.

Flyweightphantom: Your desciption is pretty good.

It's the infamous Graf clamp, not sure if's actually a graf product, but the one at my LHS has a graf logo on it.

Great tool.

I'm looking to purchase the new Boss skates and I was wondering about the sizing. I have He10000 Missions size 9 and they're a little bit too big, less than quarter inch. Which size skate should I get, 8 or 8.5? Thanks for your help.

I'm a big advocate of going and trying the skates on in person. I tried a size 9 on and my toes touched the tip of the toe cap but i tried an 8.5 on and my toes felt squashed and sorta uncomfortable. Now i know baking will help somewhat with that but i still went with the 9. If u can go to a LHS and try one of the mission skates i would definitely reccomend that first.

anybody have any feedback on the new mission thorax advantage girdle. I also noticed last years model as well which looks pretty nice. I have the D1 girdle and I am looking to upgrade. I have been happy with the mission girdles. thanks.

VERY FLEXIBLE! i have the original advantage and i pretty much dont even notice im wearing it now. well not now as in this exact moment, but after using it a bit :) i would recommend it to anyone looking for a good girdle for a good price.

VERY FLEXIBLE! i have the original advantage and i pretty much dont even notice im wearing it now. well not now as in this exact moment, but after using it a bit :) i would recommend it to anyone looking for a good girdle for a good price.

thanks. good price on last year model...

I tried a pair of lieutenants on the other day because the boss skates werent there yet. I had an intense pain on the top of the ball of my ankle when I tightened them. Im hoping it was either the skate or because it was a 9.5 and not a 9 like Im getting. Im thinking its going to feel the same which will be dissapointing as I was planning on getting these, but I guess Ill see for sure when they come in.

I tried a pair of lieutenants on the other day because the boss skates werent there yet. I had an intense pain on the top of the ball of my ankle when I tightened them. Im hoping it was either the skate or because it was a 9.5 and not a 9 like Im getting. Im thinking its going to feel the same which will be dissapointing as I was planning on getting these, but I guess Ill see for sure when they come in.

The pain will go away after baking them.

I ordered the Lieutenants from inlinewarehouse since they have free return shipping, I tried them on and laced them up. The pain was so severe that I couldn't take a small stride without grimacing in pain and having to sit down and take them off. I can't imagine any pain being more intense than what I was experiencing.

I took them to my LHS, had them baked, tied them up and sat, re-baked them and tied them up again, the pain went away, the skate changed form dramatically. havn't gotten a chance to go out and play with them since they were baked, but the pain from just lacing them up and standing is gone.

My PF10's finally died, and I don't like the new CCM inline range at all, so I managed to pick up a pair of Lt's. Exactly the same issue with the pain on my ankle mentioned above. Strangly only the right boot though.

I had them baked, skated 3 times and baked and punched, and still agony. A real shame as the left boot was very comfy but no matter what I had done to it, the right boot was awful pain even when lacing it up. The padding in the left boot seemed better and it needs to be as the bottom/heel of these boots are so stiff.

Any who .. had the Van Guard put on a Vapor XXII boot and that is an awesome set up. Wish I could support companies that invest in inline hockey without paying a painful price (in both the pyhsical and metaphorical sense).

The pain will go away after baking them.

I ordered the Lieutenants from inlinewarehouse since they have free return shipping, I tried them on and laced them up. The pain was so severe that I couldn't take a small stride without grimacing in pain and having to sit down and take them off. I can't imagine any pain being more intense than what I was experiencing.

I took them to my LHS, had them baked, tied them up and sat, re-baked them and tied them up again, the pain went away, the skate changed form dramatically. havn't gotten a chance to go out and play with them since they were baked, but the pain from just lacing them up and standing is gone.

Just an update after getting a chance to wear the skates. I wore them last night for my team practice, went through a number of sprint drills, burst drills from blue line to blue line, hour of scrimmage.

I was really surprised by how little my ankles hurt. My heel locked in pretty well, they almost did not feel like a brand new pair of skates...baking really did make them perfect for my feet. Outside of some hardcore lace bite and pain in the arch of my foot probably from tying too tight, they felt great.

Got my Boss Skates Today and skated on them tonight. I didnt have time to get them baked so I just went without it. Played a whole game without too much pain, but at the end started to get some pain in the inside of my right foot. Overall Im very pleased and just need to get them baked.

Went on my first skate 2 days ago with the Assassins, I was expecting to be in a world of pain because I was breaking in new skates. Surprisingly they didn't hurt much, I played the entire game without taking a shift off. There was a little discomfort but that was it.

For people that have protruding sesamoid bones on the inside of their feet, will this years Boss skate be ok after baking?

Last years wicked were complete murder for those damm sesamoid bones.

For people that have protruding sesamoid bones on the inside of their feet, will this years Boss skate be ok after baking?

Last years wicked were complete murder for those damm sesamoid bones.

hahah, i have it worse then most people.. and i got through it. my wicked 3s are so comfortable now. best skate ive ever had, most comfortable too. Im sure there is gonna be a bit of discomfort, but it'll go away. put a bit of time in on the skates before writing them off.

Im getting a pair of the bosses in march. i cant wait!!