Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EricG.

Cool ebay item

I like the old Federov Nike's better, I've never seen them up close though, but they looked nice on hockey card, lol.

I like the old Federov Nike's better, I've never seen them up close though, but they looked nice on hockey card, lol.

They may have been the heaviest skates out at the time. Nike has come a very long way in recent years as the old stuff was crap. The new stuff is actually quite good.

Yeah I remember seeing an article a while ago that he and Sundin were always complaing about the skates, that they sucked, they were just getting in the market, so it's usual to not be fully tunned and be an expert when you get in the hockey market.

Guest 2048

They may have been the heaviest skates out at the time. Nike has come a very long way in recent years as the old stuff was crap. The new stuff is actually quite good.

They still have a problem with durability. The v-12s are great skates (the fit is amazing), but I'm wary of buying skates when I know people who have gone through two pairs of them in under a year.

What did they have problems with? I'm using the Hi-Ho silvers and love them, well everything except for the fit. I'm finding the performance and stiffness is great to this point, but it's been about 20 skates and they are still killing my feet.

v12s are more durable than xxs, and the protective stuff is amazing. I am now completely niked out except for skates, gloves, stick and helmet. And I didnt buy the stuff because it "looks cool" the fit, weight, and ventilation is second to none.

I personally had to do 4 R/As for busted eyelets on the V12s. They fit great and all, but are not reinforced in that area (you can feel the weak spots)

Pretty shoddy mounting issues at first - they've gotten better.

That's similar to what I am going to build for myself.

I'm taking the back cuff, in cable knit, but with tapered fingers. Front cuff will be a normal one. Black and silver w/ blue accents - fingers will be black though.