Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

epstud74

Any natives of Quebec City or familar with history?

I'm just reading a book given to me by my grandmother regarding my family

history on her side regarding people descended from a farmer in Quebec City named Louis Hebert. Apparently there is a statute or two of him in the province.

I'm from Québec city, but am not familiar with Louis Hébert. I know where the statue is though. You should make a little trip there, really nice city.

You should go to Quebec city anyway. It's kick ass during Carnival and try some poutine.

It is kind of cool to see a statute of someone you're descended from.

I'd love to go there. My great grandfather's family was from Quebec. A lot of

Goulets, Charbonneaus, Lussier's etc and so on in the family book.

I just got back from spending a few days there with the wife. Great City. Very clean, people were all VERY nice (even with our minimal grasp of the French language), food was terrific. Saw the statue -it's quite nice. You should definitely go, having a connection to history and all. Go during hockey season and catch a QMJHL game...

Hmmm....he died from a fall on the ice, and nobody here has made joke yet?

Quebec City is great for tourists, my wife and I visit every second summer. Walled city is great to walk around, lots of historical landmarks to visit-Plains of Abraham is interesting as is the city walls overlooking the lower city/St Lawrence. Good hotels and restaraunts on street leading into main gates of old city-we usually park car on Friday and don't need car again till leaving.

If visiting in the winter the carnival as someone mentioned is good-better still is during the PeeWee Tournament. Best hockey tournament in the world, huge crowds-kids billetted and treated like royalty.

Had one of the best steaks I've had in a long time at I think it was called Chapon's in the train station. Great filet. Almost worth the trip for that alone.

We were talking about Louis Hébert in our history class and how he was he first farmer. I find it pretty cool that your a desendent of him. :)

Hmmm....he died from a fall on the ice, and nobody here has made joke yet?

considering all of the crazy things you could die from in 1608 I think he did pretty well to live to be 52.. even if it was an ice fall that brought him down.