Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lfntn10

Oakley perscription visor?

isn't the prescription the way the lense is curved and the thickness, it seems like it would be really hard to make a prescription visor and have it be normal.

Contacts and a full cage. I found this combo to work best. I laugh when some of my teamates with visors continually complain that they are scratched and fogged. Most have now changed to cages as well.

I don't see any way that this 'prescription visor' is at all possible, nor that any company is actively doing it and anyone can get it. Nor do I believe that if it did exist, it would only cost $90 - do you know how much a regular pair of glasses costs? What does a regular oakley visor cost by itself, like $70? No way are they doing the extra work of making something custom just for your eyes, and doing all the labour that goes into a piece of prescription eyewear, and developing an entirely new and apparently top-secret process; and giving it all to you to make that extra 20 dollars... And then not advertising it, or telling anyone about it.

cage all the way. Thought of using a visor last week, decided at the last minute to switch back to my cage.... got hit by the puck in the cage that night too....

Oakley doesn't do it. They have, for football, but that is much easier than a hockey shield, as it is much thinner, and not curved as much.