Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lfntn10

Oakley perscription visor?

I heard that Oakley makes these, just wondering if anyone could clarify that. Also, would I have to contact Oakley directly to order these?

one of my good friends has one (or atleast he claims he does), he ordered it probally a little over a year ago, he said that he went to www.oakley.com and found the phone number and called them telling, customer service what he was looking for and had it within 3 weeks. alot of people are thrown off because they dont advertise it on their website, but im somewhat sure they still produce it.

thats 90 for just the visor i need the visor cage combo, and rite now its not completely necessary for me to invest my money in, im fine with contacts lenses for now, and id rather invest my money in skates

I would really like to have something like this. Unfortunately, everywhere I play requires a full cage/shield...wonder if they do something like that.

i know they have the cage/visor combo stock but im not sure if they have the perscription visor with that, they prob. could though

I am just curious to how they would work. What would happen if you looked down ? You wouldn't be able to see.

Good way to teach you to keep your head up :P

^ That would make you even more prone to putting your head down, though. Your field of vision would become smaller, so rather than just moving your eyes down for a fraction of a second, you'd have to move your whole head to be able to see.

was actually talking about this with one of my roommates the other day. he was having trouble with his contacts and joked about it. for $90, that's not too bad.

ever thought of contact lenses? would be better, and you dont have to wear the visor on a date ;)

Well I only wear contacts when I play, but my lazy habits have thought that maybe I can skip the step of putting them in, in the locker room. Plus it would save a lot of trouble if they ever were to get knocked out.

I'd definitely not recommend it unless you actually can't wear contacts. Contacts not only make it easier to see everything when you need to(no out of focus spots) but they also let you see clearer than glasses or a half shield would.

i got my contacts after i broke my leg so i couldnt really see what theyre like actually playing, but as said before contacts would give a larger feild of view, but they might dry out in the middle of the game and you dont have rewetting drops, so then your screwed

You could keep the drops with your stuff in the dressing room and duck out for a second if you needed them, or even on the bench if you found you needed them all the time. I've worn contacts while I play for years and I've never had any problems with them, though. I would have thought they'd get dried out with the arena air and everything, but really I think they're most comfortable while I'm playing hockey because I'm too concerned with the game to notice a contact bugging me or anything like that.

I second that about contacts. I have been playing with contacts for probably about 7 years and I have never had a problem with one falling out or drying out on the ice. IMHO contacts would be much better than a prescription visor, that whole looking down thing bugs me out.

PK

I second that about contacts. I have been playing with contacts for probably about 7 years and I have never had a problem with one falling out or drying out on the ice. IMHO contacts would be much better than a prescription visor, that whole looking down thing bugs me out.

PK

Same here, and even if I did lose one or have a problem, i just keep a spare set in my bag. I've been playing with contacts since 2000 and haven't had any drying problems either, so I cant see that being a problem, especially with the newer contacts today.

I think the dryer air actually helps keep them in. I've had contacts fall out driving, or at work but never in a rink... They do feel dryer but not bad enough to bother you unless you have extremely sensitive eyes. At worst bring eyedrops on the bench.

onlytime my lenses ever fell out was at an outdoor rink luckly i was able to catch them before they fell to the ground and was able to put them back in. idk how someone could have their contacts knocked out though.

the only time that my contacts have fallen out was when eye was rubbing my eyes, but i think it would be better if i kept an extra set in my bag just incase

hmmm

If each eye has a different degree in which it can see. Does that mean each half of the visor will made made accordingly?

For example: My left eye is stronger than my right therefor the "lens" for my right eye stronger.

I would imagine it to be difficult for peripheral vision.

i thinked over the idea and i have concluded that it doesnt seem like a practical idea, like mentioned before if you look down you wont see, vision differences in the eyes, and if it fogs up your screwed contacts are much more practical and im pretty sure that theyre cheaper as well