Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SHOWTIME

07 NARCh Finals

from what i've heard.... narch 2008 will be in..

cue dramatic music

SAN JOSE, CALIFORNIA!

great. the east coast teams will never afford to go that far. including me.

Where did you hear that? If thats true it would be pretty sick to finally have nationals on the west coast...

dude saw it at narch and texted it to me.

I dont know if you guys have access to a computer while down in Florida. But it would be cool to watch some guys from MSH play. If you post a game your gona play in over the next few days that would be nice.

My team got totally screwed over. Bantam Gold, first game, we win 3-0, I score all three and we're in good shape. After the game our coach informs us that one of our most talented players didn't play in the NARCh qualifiers, so he cannot play for the rest of the tournament, and our team also gets a loss. So he comes all the way from Toronto, and he's been with our team for a good part of the season, and he can't play. You can either blame this on our coach being uninformed or that he just tried to get away with it, or that the people running NARCh just have no sympathy for a player that just wants to play and have fun. Well, the team that got this free win from us ends up with a record of 2-2 and ends up 16th, making it into the next round. Us on the other hand, end up 1-3, and don't make it because we had a win taken away and losing our key player drastically hurt our chances of beating the tougher teams. And, most heart-breaking of all, my 3 goals were meaningless.

When you know you have competitive team and you get screwed over like this, spending all that money to be there, it just ain't right.

I really wouldnt call having a player that didnt qualify with you being screwed over but whatever floats your boat.

My team got totally screwed over. Bantam Gold, first game, we win 3-0, I score all three and we're in good shape. After the game our coach informs us that one of our most talented players didn't play in the NARCh qualifiers, so he cannot play for the rest of the tournament, and our team also gets a loss. So he comes all the way from Toronto, and he's been with our team for a good part of the season, and he can't play. You can either blame this on our coach being uninformed or that he just tried to get away with it, or that the people running NARCh just have no sympathy for a player that just wants to play and have fun. Well, the team that got this free win from us ends up with a record of 2-2 and ends up 16th, making it into the next round. Us on the other hand, end up 1-3, and don't make it because we had a win taken away and losing our key player drastically hurt our chances of beating the tougher teams. And, most heart-breaking of all, my 3 goals were meaningless.

When you know you have competitive team and you get screwed over like this, spending all that money to be there, it just ain't right.

So you guys were the team that Daryn was reffering to in his Blog. He was right though, if he didn't qualify, he shouldnt be able to play. That's the reason I could not play.

So you guys were the team that Daryn was reffering to in his Blog. He was right though, if he didn't qualify, he shouldnt be able to play. That's the reason I could not play.

where is this blog you speak of? and to swiss17 i dont think you understood the post. the kid that didnt qualify played with us for one game which we won, but it counted as a loss, and then they wouldnt let him ply for the rest of the tournament.

Well those are the rules, I have been on some teams that had it happen. It sucks a lot but he shouldn't have been there in the first place and the coach should have known that.

where is this blog you speak of? and to swiss17 i dont think you understood the post. the kid that didnt qualify played with us for one game which we won, but it counted as a loss, and then they wouldnt let him ply for the rest of the tournament.

Rules are rules, and in order to play in a national, you're supposed to qualify in a qualifier. It's the way it's been for a long time...While at Torhs, one of the Bordercat teams put a rather good kid in just the nationals. They could have won it, but because their coach didn't pick it up, they forefited the whole national tourny, no refund. Nothing new, it just makes you remember that all of the players must qualify!