Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wickedwrister

Mission skate size question

Before you guys form a lynch mob; I have been around here long enough to use the search feature (in fact I did). My family is on my rear to get some roller/ inline/ hockey skates so I can skate with them. I am well versed in ice skates if I choose to convert, but I need to know the deal on Mission sizing in both ice and roller. I have heard just about every variation (shoe size/ one size down/ traditonal skate sizing, etc.) IF they changed, what year should I worry about? I am a size 10-10 1/2 sneaker, and wear a 7.5 EE Bauer supreme (8090). Hope this helps. Thanks in advance.

I wear size 10.5 sneakers and for my Heliums I have a 10. For my ice skates I have Mission 95 AGs and wear a size 10.5, but a size 10 for my Mission S-300s.

Hope this comparison helps.

You will most likely be a 9 - 9.5 skate....I would recommend a Wicked 5 skate for you...Not to expensive, but offers plenty of support, comes with a good wheel, and will last..

I personally wear a 10 Shoe (etnies) and wear an 8.5 skate.

Nope..That is pretty much the normal around here...People that fit in a size 9.5/10 skate shoe (i.e etnies) go into a 8.5 skate...

I have found that people in size 10.5 and above shoes, go into only 1 size down (i.e. 9.5 - 10 skate)

for comparisons sake, i wear a 9k in a 9E and the boss skate size 10 was the correct legnth, and in the wicked line the 10EE was just a smudge more narrow than my rbk skates.

I'm wear a 10 sneaker and I have my Wicked 3's in a 9. I don't think I could go down any smaller on the Wicked's, my toes are brushing the toe caps ever so slightly.

I think I may wear a slightly tighter show than most though because I also wear a 9 in my XXX's and from what I hear most people are going down more than one shoe size in those skates.

When did Mission decide to change their sizing system?

My first pair of missions were the 99' Proto VI's and they were a 9, and the He10000's I'm wearing now are a 7.5.

There are still retailers, online and local, that profess that Mission sizing with parallel to normal shoes.

I believe they all do. I have never worn missions, so I assumed the sizing was still the same. mind you, people that wear sneakers and skate shoes generally wear them about 1-1.5 sizes to large anyway, so that may have something to do with it

Nope..That is pretty much the normal around here...People that fit in a size 9.5/10 skate shoe (i.e etnies) go into a 8.5 skate...

I have found that people in size 10.5 and above shoes, go into only 1 size down (i.e. 9.5 - 10 skate)

Except in my case, as the shoes are comfy, but due to the fact that my right foot is a size 10 and my left is a size 9 (in shoes) it means I've suffered allot of foot pain and toe nail loss from my 8.5 10ks and 1500's.

But only on the right side. ;)

On the Heliums...are the roller boots similar to the Mission ice boots in sizing? I am interested in getting some Heliums for roller, and if they are right for my foot shape are their ice boots good for me as well? Thanks.

Here's my input...I wear a size 9 shoe, but a 9W mission skate. Use to wear a 9.5 skate until I learned that the wide skates actually helped. I don't like my skates too tight, and prefer some wiggle room in the toes.

What model skate?

I'm convinced that Mission changed their sizing system sometime before they released the Helium series. I"m curious as to which line they did it with.

The ice boots are really similar in size to the roller boots from my experience.

I haven't tried the Fuel Series, but the "Litefit" boots are thinner than the "Supplefit" series boots.

The sizing of our skates has not changed. What changed was the width of the last in the forefoot. This may have given the feeling that are skates were bigger.

Yes I know, I'm bumping an old topic, but it's better than creating a new one :)

Just wondering what, if any, size difference there is between the 2006 heliums and the 2007 wickeds (specifically helium 500's and wicked 7's)?

I searched and didn't really see anything specific, although it is probebly just my searching skills, anyway, all help appreciated :)