Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jshields

What makes a good chasis

Im getting into roller / inline hockey, and I was wondering what makes a good chasis ? Im getting a pair of Vector 10's for practically nothing and I wanted to use them. So for someone with 0 knowledge when it comes to inline hockey I was wondering what I should be looking for / at in a chasis ?

For me, its durability, and wheel set up. I like the Hum'er because I feel like it makes me faster, and I dont have the wheel slip that I get from the hilo. Having tried them all, the Hum'er is my favorite set up. I like that it seems durable thus far, i like the speed, and i like that its a stiff chassis.

yes that is pitch. Like adding a shim to your ice skates or the new mission steal holders. Dont be afraid to try out different chassis and set ups. I have tried several configurations and am back were I start with all 76 wheels.

kinda of like profiling ? Ive seen some chansis like this that say you need different size wheels, is that pitch ?

For me, its durability, and wheel set up. I like the Hum'er because I feel like it makes me faster, and I dont have the wheel slip that I get from the hilo. Having tried them all, the Hum'er is my favorite set up. I like that it seems durable thus far, i like the speed, and i like that its a stiff chassis.

I was looking at the hummber.

How do you pick wheels ?

As far as wheel sizing goes, that will be determined by the chassis. Hummer is all 80mm, Suregrip & Sprung both use all 76mm, Hi-lo is 72mm and 80mm, Vanguard is 76mm and 80mm and so on. Those are the major ones other others such as the tri-di from ccm have even more diverse wheel setups.

Which wheel you choose is dependent on many factors. The first is what surface you are going to be skating on. Then it goes down to price, durability, performance level you want, etc.

One that holds 4 wheels would be a start :P

On a serious note, id recomment the humer, however i know a few people love the sprungs - id ask the people with these for personal opinions on em

ok say I was to grab the hummer, and were to play inline and wanted one set for that what should I go with ? (BTW I weight 170-175) and if I wanted to buy a set of wheels for the steets what should I go with ?

again it depends on the surface you play on. If it is sport court, go for a softer durometer. I dont recall what would be best for your weight but when you are playing on the street, look for a wheel in the 80A range. Every wheel hes a certain durometer for the softness of the wheel, resulting in more grip while sacrificing speed, or vice versa

On another note, you can use all 76 wheels on the Hummer chassis but is highly recommended that you use 80's

There is a give and take with the sizes. Lots of people say the hummer is faster because of the 80mm wheels. However smaller wheels would theoretically give better maneuverability compared to the larger wheels.

I used to skateboard and knew that the smaller bearings were for street (less speed I think) and the higher for half pipe (need more speed) is that true for roller blade ? Would abec 9 be the quickest bearings, and the Abec 3 the slowest ?

abec has nothing to do with it

you can get some sweet bearings that are abec 1's and crap bearings that are abec 9's

imo get some bones swiss bearings.. possibly the best bearing you can get.

if you're getting these vector 10.0s for nothing then none of this should matter. the number doesn't matter that much, the brand is more important. you should get some mid range bearings to start, something not too cheap and not too expensive. the biggest factor for wheels is the surface you play on. sport court you want grip, concrete you want durability. the size of the wheels is relative to the type of chassis you have depending on your preference.

If there is no difference, what does the number meen ?

What ABEC means

Here you go. Peruse.

Basically, ABEC rating really makes a difference when you get to HIGH RPMS (according to the site about 32,000 rpm). Contrary to what we'd LIKE to think, we DON'T skate that fast.