Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

rollerhockeymavin

Wicked 3 vs. CCM Vector 8-Inlines

Agreed whichever fits your foot better is the correct answer. IMHO I would rather deal with Mission CS over CCM which I have had problems with a warranty in the past.

The W3 takes time and care to get the boot to fit properly, I have not heard any such break in issues with CCM skates

I have a pair of the ccm pf10's that are starting to fall apart-they fit well-these are the one's I am looking to replace. I do also have a pair of the 9500 quatro's which took a little more time to break in but now I like them. It appears you get a little more value from mission than with ccm-imho. I play 2 times per week. Break in period for the missions? 1-2 months?

yeah. roughly that.

but its extremely painful at first... so bring your other skates with you because you'll want to switch.

if you could hold off for a little while longer they'll go on sale cause i believe the new missions are appearing in october?

As to the 3s vs 8s, it's the one that fits. There's a ton of 8s out there that have had the heavy use test and done fine. A lot of 3s are in good shape cause they do closet time.

On the other hand, I played pickup yesterday with some Cyclones, and two of them had the beta versions of the Boss. The pair that doesn't work for the company said they were not like the Wicked line in any way whatsoever. "The best boot they've ever made.", says he. And they LOOK GOOD, too, says me.

Mr. O. put a deep smiley face in my right forearm with his stick in one of the games, which I am totally proud to have. Afterwards he gave me my first skating lesson, ever (besides just going out there and playing with my betters). Transition and backwards crossover. You just call him up and say you're going to be there and want a lesson. Instant results.

We're both from the snaggle-toothed race of man, so it's easy to learn from him. Somebody ought to start a "show your smile" thread. :)

And on a more serious note, out of two rounds of 7 PLAYERS and me taking shoot-out shots at the goalie, guess who had the 1 in 16? The only Sprungs on the rink!

I went up fast and hard, and then laid down like I had a cramp or something till he came over to see if I was OK. Then I flicked it in. It's worked on him twice now, you ought to try it on your own next goalie. :lol:

I bought the 3's at the start of this season and after three sessions they were 100% fine in terms of pain for me.

You HAVE to bake them though, they realllly hurt my feet out of the box, I took them to a LHS that night, got them baked. Came home, put on some wet socks and tightened them up and lay in my bed and watched TV for a few hours. Played a game the next night in them. There was a little pain, but I got through the game fine, got blisters about half way through. Next week the game they felt a little bit better, blisters started to act up a bit with a few minutes left. By game three there was no pain and the blisters never bothered me. Maybe it's just my foot, but the dreaded Wicked break-in period wasn't that bad for me.

Great skates all around, I love the stiffness, love the Vanguard chassis, and the wheels are miles beyond anything I've used before.

I bought the 3's at the start of this season and after three sessions they were 100% fine in terms of pain for me.

You HAVE to bake them though, they realllly hurt my feet out of the box, I took them to a LHS that night, got them baked. Came home, put on some wet socks and tightened them up and lay in my bed and watched TV for a few hours. Played a game the next night in them. There was a little pain, but I got through the game fine, got blisters about half way through. Next week the game they felt a little bit better, blisters started to act up a bit with a few minutes left. By game three there was no pain and the blisters never bothered me. Maybe it's just my foot, but the dreaded Wicked break-in period wasn't that bad for me.

Great skates all around, I love the stiffness, love the Vanguard chassis, and the wheels are miles beyond anything I've used before.

thanks for the feedback. I figured I would have to get them baked and approx. 1-2 month break in period.

why not buy the pf10s again?

I started to look at the option as well