Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chad Seibel

New Tour Models Now Available

looks like a mid to lower level skate. (note that the chassis doesn't have Labeda Markings) possibly this year's "special edition" skate, a la Silver Max/ Patriot.

Hey I play in a small market town. I have never had access to Tour stuff. Any information or opinions from someone here would be very much appreciated. What do you think of fit comfort stiffness etc... what do you think compared to other brands.

Chris its nice to see the Goalie Skates offered like that. Good Job. And the skates look good a little bit flashy for me but they look like there well designed.

Im also really interested to see what you think of the hummer chassis. I would assume there fast how do they turn.

this is cool. Im also in an area where tour is almost unheard of. I love their stuff but i stick to stuff i know if im going to pay several hundred for skates. I think its great that tour is offering pics up for us to comment on. If had some where to try tour stuff on I would love to try the code blues.

id like to see some tour gloves on this thread. now i may sink some money into a nice pair of gloves.

TOUR is a great company to get some equiptment from. They have been supporting the RH community from day one of their existence, as with ony two other full range companies (mission and the good old GEAR). the great thing is that most of their product is designed for inline, not ice and converted. the only thing that stops people in my neck of the woods using it (Australia) is that the rep (I hear they may have just acquired a new one) was the most difficult person to deal with, especially on warranty issues, so most stores stopped stocking it.

I would say give it a go, and support the companies that support your sport.

TOUR is a great company to get some equiptment from. They have been supporting the RH community from day one of their existence, as with ony two other full range companies (mission and the good old GEAR). the great thing is that most of their product is designed for inline, not ice and converted. the only thing that stops people in my neck of the woods using it (Australia) is that the rep (I hear they may have just acquired a new one) was the most difficult person to deal with, especially on warranty issues, so most stores stopped stocking it.

I would say give it a go, and support the companies that support your sport.

this is not the problem here. No tour reps here. tour is thought of as low end. I know it is not but most people here would rather use mission it is well known, available at retail, and has a good rep. I use Mostly ice, Just retired my missions for tacks i converted and working on converting another pair. I dont think tour has done a good job with marketing at all. they may have hit select areas but missed a whole other market.

You may well have a point. it is true that Mission have easily the largest market share of RH, but Tour will get up there. They are still around where others are not. They are also a sponsor of the PIHA, alongside a few others, like Sande and Mission.

Tour would be thought of as low end, purely because of the "no rep" deal. With noone to market, or even answer questions for that matter, You will not get a sense for their product. Don't get me wrong, I personally don't use Tour products to this date, but I don't use Mission either. If I had my way, I would still be using GEAR product. I have Graf skates, whick are an Ice boot with an Inline frame (they don't do roller specific boot) but am about to shelf them for a set of oldskool CHANDLER 'fullblown', maybe with sprungs, just said goodbye to a set of TPS gloves for oldskool Franklin THT gloves (the red and black ones)

But I will only buy roller specific, as it is the best way to help the sport stay strong (plus I don't play ice)

Interesting because here in Central PA which I believe you are near Tour is the number one skate and is looked to be better then Mission. Also I am liking the looks of the new Code Blue.

You may well have a point. it is true that Mission have easily the largest market share of RH, but Tour will get up there. They are still around where others are not. They are also a sponsor of the PIHA, alongside a few others, like Sande and Mission.

Tour would be thought of as low end, purely because of the "no rep" deal. With noone to market, or even answer questions for that matter, You will not get a sense for their product. Don't get me wrong, I personally don't use Tour products to this date, but I don't use Mission either. If I had my way, I would still be using GEAR product. I have Graf skates, whick are an Ice boot with an Inline frame (they don't do roller specific boot) but am about to shelf them for a set of oldskool CHANDLER 'fullblown', maybe with sprungs, just said goodbye to a set of TPS gloves for oldskool Franklin THT gloves (the red and black ones)

But I will only buy roller specific, as it is the best way to help the sport stay strong (plus I don't play ice)

I don't know why Tour is considered "Low End". I've never felt that way, nor have I discussed their products with anyone else and have had the term "low end" applied. Maybe to some of their cost-conscious products, but every manufacturer makes a low-cost product like that.

And Graf did make roller specific products. Not sure if they still do, but I have seen roller boots. Very hard to find though.

The code blues definitely look hot. That chassis aren't identical to the carbons, but they are very close. Functionally they will probably feel pretty close.

#96, It wasn't me claiming that they were thought of as low end, it was actually jmiro. I beleive now that there products are top notch, and at a great price point.

As far as I know the Graf roller that was released was still an Ice boot, with an inline frame, as the boots were identical in model, colour and weight. Hence the Graf screws, which was something I did like

Has anybody that ordered the new Code Carbons get them yet? I'm kinda upset that inline warehouse keeps pushing the release date back. I'm just wondering what the first thoughts are about them......

We'v had them in the Uk for three weeks now :)

Feedback so far has been very good & the wheels are an improvement over the green one's in the Code 1 from last season.The boot is very light & the padding inside is comfortable from the start !

I have had my pair for three months and am very impressed with the skate. There are many advancements and new features on the skate like a new tongue that eliminates lace bite and a new toe cap that is a little bigger. Like said already they are stiffer and are really holding up.

a few of the refs at the rink have the carbons,they love them,they say best tour skate thus far,good job tour.

a few of the refs at the rink have the carbons,they love them,they say best tour skate thus far,good job tour.

May ask what rink? Is it the Tour arena in Colorado Springs, Colorado?