Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Karly14

new pro retail model

just wondering, which player or players would you like to see have their own retail pattern on a major stick company, personally id like to see what a heatley retail curve on an easton would look like, id also like to see a martin st. louis curve. Is there any player that could influence you into buying the stick just because their name was on it????

Doesn't matter to me either. I dislike any names being on the stick, I feel it can end up hurting people when buying sticks or making transactions. I like the number and/or letter approach because it won't change.

Names are pointless to me. I like the fact Bauer has the Pxxx on their blades.

True, but I feel silly going around and asking for a PT3 curve in a French speaking city. (PT sound like the verb "to fart" in french)

heatley already had a curve didnt he? it was for bauer rather than easton, but it probly would of been the same for easton i imagine

Names just ruin a certain curves popularity. If I didnt know better I would swear never to try a Tucker blade because I didnt like him but now its all about the specs not the name.

I hate Bauer's system of Ps since its kind of confusing, Easton's system isnt bad because it helps us memorize the curve specs easier. They should just make a universal blade pattern names. Like Easton Modo would be a TPS Modo (Tkachk) and instead of clones having differnt player names on it.

It would be handy but could not happen because players endorse the company, hence the pattern in said company.

As a kid I bought sticks because they had X players name on it. Most kids do the same.

Now it can have the name of a duster on a house league team on it. As long as its a 5.5 rockered 1/2 inch open heel, I couldn't care less.

Names just ruin a certain curves popularity. If I didnt know better I would swear never to try a Tucker blade because I didnt like him but now its all about the specs not the name.

I hate Bauer's system of Ps since its kind of confusing, Easton's system isnt bad because it helps us memorize the curve specs easier. They should just make a universal blade pattern names. Like Easton Modo would be a TPS Modo (Tkachk) and instead of clones having differnt player names on it.

What's so confusing about Bauer's system? No matter what the name is, the number never changes. I'd prefer that they stop cloning Easton curves as well, since I don't really care for any of them.

I like the names on Easton, cuz as long as ive used them, they've never changed the names of the patterns, so when someone says Modano, i can think of that curve instantly. Bauer just confuses me. Anyway if i could have any pro pattern, I'd want the Hull on a stealth.

i agree having someone elses name on your stick should be irrelevent, but a lot of times (espicially with kids) the name can be the deciding factor for people, like i live in ottawa, and kaberle sticks never sold, now that its lecalivier theyre selling way more. im just more interested too see how companies decide to market a certain curve

What's so confusing about Bauer's system? No matter what the name is, the number never changes. I'd prefer that they stop cloning Easton curves as well, since I don't really care for any of them.

I think Bauer's Pxx system comes across as too "tech" for many people. I like it as well since it's clear what's what. But if the Kovalchuk name makes the P91 more popular, I'm all for that. :lol:

id like to see jamie langenbrunner......scott gomez.................naslud.......niedermayor.............most of the good pros

Whay dont stores sell pro stock sticks and how come manufactuers have retail curves and not the real curves???????

Companies put curves on sticks that they think the average person can use. Many curves have wacky ass patterns that most people couldn't use well.

No matter what, any name/number is going to be a deciding factor of curves for ppl that are clueless, in North America the number 13 is bad luck and will prevent a superstitous person from using that curve even if its the perfect cuvre for them. I think putting names like: heel, mid, toe,mid-heel,toe-mid and stuff like that would eleminate the popularity of the curve issuse however that might just confuse clueless ppl none the less.

For curves if your smart enuff to look at the specs and ignore the name then you will get what you need.

You kno how on Easton the exact specs are on the side of the hozel, that could work.

Both of the curves I mentioned above are 5.5 lie 1/2 inch heel curves. That still doesn't show the differences.